Web Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Software Engineering
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Build with certainty, operate with confidence. That’s why thousands of construction, oil and gas, and renewable energy companies use DroneDeploy on a daily basis. We help them automate reality capture using drones, robots, and 360 cameras – combining this data in one platform for AI-powered analysis. From aerial and ground views of construction progress to automated gauge readings and methane leak detection, DroneDeploy is shaping the future of reality capture.
At DroneDeploy, we thrive in a remote-first culture, powered by innovation. Growth is limitless, and employee contributions matter. With accolades as a Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and a spot on America’s Best Startups list, our team is dynamic, purpose-driven, and dedicated to delivering top-tier reality capture software. We cultivate an environment of opportunity. Our dynamic growth is fueled by the diverse range of ideas nurtured by our team. This is why our commitment to internal advancement is profound. A multitude of paths for professional and personal development are available, where flexible schedules, family-friendly benefits, and remote work options propel our team's journey.
About the role
Did you stumble across the perfect next step in your marketing career? You just might have... We’re looking for the future MVP of our Marketing team – a creative thinker and assumption challenger by nature with a deep curiosity for the customer journey, what messaging and CTAs entice action, and all the associated levers and data that will ultimately drive pipeline and revenue.
You’ll be well known in your personal and professional circles as the go-to for anything web strategy, management, and optimization-related. You’re just as comfortable managing a design/dev agency and building pages from templates as you are mapping user journeys, creating SEO strategies, and running CRO experiments – and you have a progressive understanding of what works and doesn’t on a website in 2024.
This is a critical position in a growing team that would be the perfect step up for someone with big ambition, bigger ideas, and a healthy balance of creativity, curiosity, and obsession for data.
Our website is our greatest marketing asset, sees hundreds of thousands of visitors every month, and deserves an owner and optimizer who will maximize its full potential. Does that sound like you?
- Develop a comprehensive website growth strategy in line with our business objectives that pushes the performance of the site, and by extension revenue and pipeline, up and to the right.
- Build an efficient, scalable landing page machine that drives conversions, pipeline and revenue.
- Work with a creative agency to design and build beautiful, impactful core and campaign landing pages that position our brand favorably, pull users down the page and entice action.
- Work with a creative agency to develop custom Webflow components, collections, animations and interactions to enhance user engagement and interactivity, ensure a high design standard, and make content management more efficient.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the website, including content planning, development, publication, and overall website health, in collaboration with our DevOps team and external contractors as appropriate.
- Ensure a seamless and visually appealing user experience by optimizing the website's information architecture, navigation, layout, and responsiveness.
- Regularly conduct user experience research and usability studies to inform website design and content strategies.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Operations team to integrate custom functionality and troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise.
- Assist with other marketing projects as needed.
How you’ll be measured:
- Landing page conversion rate
- Lead-to-closed won conversion rate
- User engagement and website traffic metrics
- SEO rankings and site health
- Design quality and visual consistency
What success will look like in this role:
- Our website is the crown jewel of the industry, setting the standard for design, usability and performance – your standard will be to compete with household names rather than our direct competitors.
- Conversion rates on our website are continuously improving, with pipeline and revenue increasing as a result – and this will be directly trackable back to your efforts and expertise!
- Proven experience as a website growth strategist, manager, owner, and optimizer, with a strong portfolio showcasing quantifiable results from your previous roles.
- Deep knowledge and the latest understanding of Webflow’s capabilities and limitations
- Comfortable leading a creative agency to design and build templates and web experiences
- (Very) well versed in analytics, SEO, tracking, and A/B testing software such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, Optimizely, Convert, Hotjar, Semrush, ahrefs, or similar tools.
- You understand website user journeys, know how to design and optimize them, and have deep curiosity about our customers.
- Extensive experience in SEO and CRO for marketing websites.
- Excellent asynchronous, virtual meeting, and in-person communication skills.
- Outstanding stakeholder and project management skills.
- A passion for drones, robotics, AI, and other emerging tech is a huge plus!
Don’t have ALL the qualifications or experience listed above?
Think you’d be a better fit for a slightly more senior position?
We’d still love to hear from you.
Apply with a few lines about why our job description is wrong and you’d be the perfect addition.
Pro-tip: include examples of your work… whether a web strategy deck, website redesign project, landing page example, and explanation or surprise us!
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.