Senior Database Administrator - MySQL
We are seeking a Sr. DBA with experience in managing critical and large-scale databases and is familiar with database technologies including MySQL, MongoDB, and DynamoDB to join our world class team. You will be working with other DBAs and engineers to implement solutions for database related projects and tasks.
● 5+ years of involved MySQL DBA working experience on Linux/VM and AWS handling complex replication environments.
● BS/Bachelor Degree or above in computer science, software engineering or equivalent related experience
● Deploying and managing MySQL and MongoDB database clusters and DynamoDB
● Monitoring and tuning SQLs as well as databases performance
● Database design, deployment, maintenance, upgrade, and patching management
● Managing and support mission critical replicated database environments
● Providing supports to the DevOps or Service Engineers to solve customers' issues
● Enforce architectural governance, database standards and best practices
● Act in incident management to resolve active incidents
● Working on projects, tickets, deployments, and releases, etc.
● Participate in team on-call and deployment rotation
● Available after hours occasionally for meetings and work with offshore engineers (2x a week)
● Strong Scripting experience in Shell, Perl, or Python, etc. and automation tools (Ansible, chef, git, etc.)
Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration; base salary, bonus and equity value.
Information about Zoom’s benefits is on our careers page here.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience.
We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in this and other locations.
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinars.
We’re problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.#LI-Remote