Senior Data Analyst (Remote - Work from Anywhere)
Work from anywhere, impact everywhere
We’re a fully distributed team of over 150 talented people that work remotely from 40+ countries around the world. We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to learn and grow.
We are committed to changing the way things are done. To achieve that, we search the world for the best people for the job. This is how we are transforming the world of digital banking.
Our team is worldwide, our capacity for innovation, limitless.
Risk is inherent in all of our business activities and managing risk well is the responsibility of every Xapien.
Sound risk management enables us to serve our customers and deliver value for our shareholders, and helps make Xapo a great place to work.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position
Work from anywhere!
We are seeking a Senior Data Analyst with extended experience in Finance to join us. This role’s focus is on gaining financial efficiency by automating data processes, enabling advanced analytics for better financial decision-making, and developing data products for the Finance Team. Reporting to the Head of Data and working closely with the Finance Team, the ideal candidate requires both business acumen and technical expertise, playing an important role in our financial operations and strategy.
- Automate and innovate financial data processes by implementing advanced analytics and predictive modeling to provide accurate forecasts for customer movements, aiding in financial planning and investment decisions.
- Enhance forecasting capabilities by developing dynamic forecasting models using BigQuery and other tools to provide real-time, accurate financial insights based on our Unit Economics Model.
- Assist stakeholders in interpreting and using data for their daily tasks and provide actionable recommendations based on the analyses.
- Synthesise findings and communicate them in a practical and actionable manner through visualisations and storytelling.
- Develop self-service data tools that allow the Finance team to generate custom reports and data extracts independently, reducing the dependency on ad-hoc requests.
- Support the Finance team in identifying and achieving financial efficiencies and providing strategic recommendations to the business.
- Attend the reporting requirements of the organisation: from ad-hoc requests to recurring financial and regulatory reports.
- Ensure the quality, reliability, and accuracy of all reports and analyses.
- Continuously seek ways to improve data-related processes, including report automation, data quality assurance, and advanced analytics techniques.
- Advanced SQL and Python skills with proven experience in data analysis, particularly in a finance-focused role.
- Strong data modeling and wrangling skills coupled with experience with time series forecasting and predictive analytics.
- Proficiency in data visualisation and analytics tools like BigQuery and Looker.
- Strong business acumen with skills such as customer-centricity, stakeholder management, and collaboration.
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- A methodical and logical approach combined with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with GCP (Google Cloud Platform) products and services such as BigQuery, Cloud Functions, Vertex AI is a plus.
- Familiarity with fintech or the crypto market is a plus.
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values and the Xapo Values-Driven Leadership principles.
Why work for Xapo?
IMPACT GLOBALLY, WORK REMOTELY.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Great work-life balance: Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team. Learn how you learn best - from books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.