Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Product
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
UpKeep is the leading cloud-based Asset Operations Management software developed to revolutionize the way teams manage facilities and maintenance work. We provide mobile-first SaaS solutions, Industrial IoT sensors, data analytics tools, advanced enterprise integrations, and top-notch professional services. Our innovative technology is modernizing workflows and maximizing operational efficiency for over 3,000 customers including Shell, Yamaha, Unilever, McDonalds, Subway, Pepsi, and Marriott!
We're a Series B tech startup with 100+ team members across the US. We've been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" multiple years in a row by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to stock options and great benefits, our people have the flexibility to work remote. UpKeep is ranked the #1 Facility Management software on Gartner, #1 Maintenance Management software on G2 Crowd, FrontRunners on Software Advice, and CMMS Leader on IDC MarketScape.
The Sr. Product Marketing Manager is a product champion, evangelist, and owner of the products’ positioning and presence in the market. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the awareness and adoption of UpKeep’s growing portfolio of products. Your goal is to make our funnels more efficient through a full set of product marketing initiatives.
To do this you will have to develop a deep understanding of the customer and the market, in order to influence product strategy, define the right positioning and to orchestrate successful product launches. You will partner closely with members of our Product, Sales, Marketing and Customer Success teams to ensure that they are appropriately equipped to successfully build, market, sell, implement, and support products and features.
This role requires the desire to immerse yourself in the product and to work tirelessly to ensure proper alignment and coordination across the organization to successfully take products to market. In addition, strong candidates will possess a background in digital marketing and proven experience conducting competitive analysis, leading product launches and working closely with demand generation teams to inform effective campaign strategies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate closely with Product teams to understand and communicate the value of our offerings to both internal and external audiences
- Orchestrate cross-functional product and market launches that deliver measurable outcomes
- Help sales and marketing teams target and acquire revenue efficiently through effective positioning, marketing programs, marketing sizing, and business case analysis
- Arm internal teams (Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success) with the tools they need to successfully understand, market, sell and support the product
- Become a market expert on UpKeep’s current and future buyers and their buying criteria
- Understand market trends to support differentiated marketing strategies
- Develop, refine, and socialize personas & ideal customer profiles and ensure that the voice of the customer is reflected in product messaging and features
- Own UpKeep’s competitive intelligence program, developing and regularly updating internal battle cards and collaborating with GTM enablement to socialize competitive insights to improve funnel efficiency
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing and or a related field
- 4+ years experience in Product Marketing
- Experience working at a multi-product, B2B SaaS company
- Product-led growth (PLG) company preferred but not required
- Receptive to change – is flexible. Seeks and adopts improved approaches and processes.
- Initiates action – is results oriented, takes responsibility for actions and outcomes. Meets commitments and strives for high performance.
- Manages the workload - makes timely decisions, prioritizes effectively, solves problems, monitors results and takes remedial action where necessary.
- Technically proficient – able to apply the technical knowledge and skills required in the job role and responsibilities in order to achieve the expected outputs.
- Takes responsibility for own learning - knows personal strengths, recognizes development needs, and takes action to improve. Is open to feedback and always seeks to learn.
- Communicates ideas – respectfully exchange information and proposes a way forward. Listen to views of colleagues and take in diverse perspectives.
- Works collaboratively – shares knowledge and information, fosters teamwork and contributes to a positive work environment where people want to come to work.
- Display ethical character and competence - acts with integrity and intent, is accountable for own actions, behaves according to the company values.
- Act as a good citizen of UpKeep.
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Your personal and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture.
Full-time team members at UpKeep are offered affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance for themselves and their families, HSA with employer paid contribution, optional FSA, Life Insurance, 11 paid annual holidays, unlimited paid time off, 10 days of sick time per year, ability to enroll in our 401(k) plan, 12-week paid parental leave, Employee Assistance Program, Modern Health for mental health resources, and the flexibility to work from home. We value work-life-harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
Company History & Product:
UpKeep was founded in 2014 by our CEO, Ryan Chan, based on an idea he had while using outdated desktop software as a Process Engineer in a manufacturing plant. He believed a mobile-first solution could significantly improve the productivity of the technicians he was working with. He was determined to build on this vision— so he quit his job, learned to write code, and created the first version of UpKeep from his family's garage!
Today, our cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and cutting edge Industrial IoT sensors solve problems for thousands of businesses around the world. Our Asset Operations Management solutions, coupled with powerful cloud ecosystems, empower maintenance and facilities teams to achieve their digital transformation goals. We are providing meaningful value to an underserved, blue-collar workforce by streamlining workflows, improving collaboration, and making it easy to manage work orders and projects from anywhere, anytime!
We've raised $50 million in venture capital following a recent Series B funding round led by Insight Partners, Emergence Capital, Mucker, and Y Combinator. We're also building The Maintenance Community, the largest online forum and Slack group bringing industry professionals together to participate in discussions, webinars, podcasts, and courses.
At UpKeep, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products, and our community to flourish. UpKeep is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.