Senior UX Designer
são paulo, state of são paulo, brazil
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
UpKeep is the leading cloud-based Asset Operations Management software developed to revolutionize the way teams manage facilities and maintenance work. We provide mobile-first SaaS solutions, Industrial IoT sensors, data analytics tools, advanced enterprise integrations, and top-notch professional services. Our innovative technology is modernizing workflows and maximizing operational efficiency for over 3,000 customers including Shell, Yamaha, Unilever, McDonalds, Subway, Pepsi, and Marriott!
We're a Series B tech startup with 100+ team members across the US. We've been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" multiple years in a row by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to stock options and great benefits, our people have the flexibility to work remote. UpKeep is ranked the #1 Facility Management software on Gartner, #1 Maintenance Management software on G2 Crowd, FrontRunners on Software Advice, and CMMS Leader on IDC MarketScape.
In this role, you are a vital part of what drives the future of our product in collaboration with product and engineering. You will have latitude to improve processes, tools, and the Product Design discipline. You will help shape this function and build the Product Design team. Dig deep on integrating an elegant experience across web apps, mobile apps, industrial internet of things, machine learning, and analytics. Experience designing integrated mobile and web application experiences required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shape the Product Design function
- Understand the strategy, roadmap, current situation, products, data, and current situation
- Make sure we have the tools and processes to make ourselves successful as a Product Design function
- Integrate into the planning and execution cadence as a vital partner to the other groups
- Help lead the organization through strong product design research techniques and insights
- Conduct observations, interviews, and focus group research in the field (physically and virtually)
- Leverage the abundance of data to guide decision-making and designs
- Test concepts and designs
- Guide the execution of great design across products, form factors, and teams
- Design cohesive experiences that solve user problems
- Solicit design feedback from peers, stakeholders, and users, and then iterate based on learnings
- Collaborate with other designers to scale and maintain a design system
- Conduct cross-functional workshops to advance important initiatives
- 4 - 7 years of experience as UX/Product Designer at a high-tech, product-driven company with a successful history of delivering customer-oriented and complex yet elegant solutions in a fast-moving environment
- Mobile and Web application design experience
- A strong portfolio that showcases a track record of shipping high-quality visual and interaction design work
- Figma, Storybook, Jira
- Experience in driving a user-centered design process and working collaboratively to ship end-to-end features at scale
- Creative problem-solver who can iterate with low-fidelity sketches of workflows and translate those into beautiful high-fidelity designs
- A strong grasp of how data can make an experience more powerful without overwhelming the user with information
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Your personal and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture.
Full-time team members at UpKeep are offered affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance for themselves and their families, HSA with employer paid contribution, optional FSA, Life Insurance, 11 paid annual holidays, unlimited paid time off, 10 days of sick time per year, ability to enroll in our 401(k) plan, 12-week paid parental leave, Employee Assistance Program, Modern Health for mental health resources, and the flexibility to work from home. We value work-life-harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
Company History & Product:
UpKeep was founded in 2014 by our CEO, Ryan Chan, based on an idea he had while using outdated desktop software as a Process Engineer in a manufacturing plant. He believed a mobile-first solution could significantly improve the productivity of the technicians he was working with. He was determined to build on this vision— so he quit his job, learned to write code, and created the first version of UpKeep from his family's garage!
Today, our cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and cutting edge Industrial IoT sensors solve problems for thousands of businesses around the world. Our Asset Operations Management solutions, coupled with powerful cloud ecosystems, empower maintenance and facilities teams to achieve their digital transformation goals. We are providing meaningful value to an underserved, blue-collar workforce by streamlining workflows, improving collaboration, and making it easy to manage work orders and projects from anywhere, anytime!
We've raised $50 million in venture capital following a recent Series B funding round led by Insight Partners, Emergence Capital, Mucker, and Y Combinator. We're also building The Maintenance Community, the largest online forum and Slack group bringing industry professionals together to participate in discussions, webinars, podcasts, and courses.
At UpKeep, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products, and our community to flourish. UpKeep is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.