Head of Product
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
UpKeep is the leading cloud-based Asset Operations Management software developed to revolutionize the way teams manage facilities and maintenance work. We provide mobile-first SaaS solutions, Industrial IoT sensors, data analytics tools, advanced enterprise integrations, and top-notch professional services. Our innovative technology is modernizing workflows and maximizing operational efficiency for over 3,000 customers including Shell, Yamaha, Unilever, McDonalds, Subway, Pepsi, and Marriott!
We're a Series B tech startup with 100+ team members across the US. We've been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" multiple years in a row by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to stock options and great benefits, our people have the flexibility to work remote. UpKeep is ranked the #1 Facility Management software on Gartner, #1 Maintenance Management software on G2 Crowd, FrontRunners on Software Advice, and CMMS Leader on IDC MarketScape.
As the Vice President of Product at UpKeep, you will inspire, lead, and grow an organization of creative and talented product management professionals who build and bring our product to life. You’ll bring your expertise in product design, operational leadership, and proven people development skills to bear on strategic decisions about our product strategy and execution. You will ensure that we are creating a consistently great end to end experience for our customers who rely on our software to drive the growth of their businesses. You will be a key member of the Product & Engineering leadership team, leading our Product Management team, and will report directly to our CEO.
This role is fully remote with the expectation of working Pacific Coast work hours and flying to Los Angeles, CA once every other month.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be an expert user of the product to ensure that we are delivering a world-class experience that is highly effective at addressing the needs of all the customers who rely on us
- Build and scale a world-class team of product managers and leaders, through whom you’ll define and execute on the strategic direction of UpKeep’s product development
- Effectively collaborate and build strategy with key partners and stakeholders throughout UpKeep, including leaders in Design, Engineering, Product Marketing and Customer Success, ensuring we continue to build excellent and innovative products that our customers love
- Deeply understand the strategic value and the market opportunity for UpKeep’s product offerings; leverage your expertise to define KPIs and growth plans for your organization
- Partner with the Customer Success team to understand what drives customer joy in your product area and ensure your team works to address customer concerns in a timely manner
- Define clear roles and responsibilities that ensure efficient decision-making, careful analysis of trade-offs, and a responsible balance of strategic business objectives, unique customer needs, operational necessities, and product quality
- Inspire and motivate the members of your team to do their lives’ best work, embodying UpKeep’s culture to ensure that Product Management is a welcoming, diverse, collaborative, and inclusive environment
- Minimum of 12 years in senior product management leadership roles, including managing leaders, and recent experience in the B2B SaaS industry
- Previously built diverse, high-performing, global teams that successfully deliver and scale and organization
- Track record of scaling Product Management organizations and deep understanding of the organizational design and change management needed to lead through successful growth.
- Proven success as a partner and collaborator who prioritizes the success of the team over individual aspirations
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Previous experience designing and building software products at scale
- Experience leading a global, fully remote team
- Think strategically - understands the market, anticipates future trends, and uses this knowledge to create competitive advantage and set the strategic direction.
- Translate strategy – converts the strategic agenda into goals and key performance indicators. Can foresee future opportunities, develop plans, and communicate the go forward vision clearly.
- Leads change – recognizes strategic opportunities for change, acts as a change champion and inspires others, sets change direction and pace.
- Makes sound and timely decisions – integrates stakeholder views and expertise into clearly articulated decisions that achieve targeted outcomes. Solve problems with speed, objectivity, and creativity. Ability to traffic in information and facts, not illusion and politics.
- Uses the full capabilities of UpKeep – develop level below to be effective leaders, creates a culture of continuous learning and innovation where all employees can reach their full potential. Champion and lead in alignment of company philosophy, initiatives, practices, and policies.
- Builds a shared future - creates an environment where opinions and inputs from employees are regularly sought out and acted on. Establish communication systems and flows.
- Over communicates - provide a strong vision that inspires confidence in the future and makes employees want to achieve the company vision and goals. Recognizes employees and celebrates with the team.
- Displays ethical character and competence - gains trust by acting with integrity and intent. Value people, display and role model respectful interactions. Creates a culture that fosters high ethical standards.
- Get results – brings about the right kind of results by providing clear expectations, staying the course, seizing opportunities, and tackling problems head-on to avoid distraction.
- Handel challenges well - face a problem/crisis head-on with perseverance, and a calm demeanor to keep the team grounded and contributing to our long-term success.
- Is a role model – displays high levels of commitment and energy, role models our company values and sets high standards of behavior.
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Your personal and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture.
Full-time team members at UpKeep are offered affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance for themselves and their families, HSA with employer paid contribution, optional FSA, Life Insurance, 11 paid annual holidays, unlimited paid time off, 10 days of sick time per year, ability to enroll in our 401(k) plan, 12-week paid parental leave, Employee Assistance Program, Modern Health for mental health resources, and the flexibility to work from home. We value work-life-harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
Company History & Product:
UpKeep was founded in 2014 by our CEO, Ryan Chan, based on an idea he had while using outdated desktop software as a Process Engineer in a manufacturing plant. He believed a mobile-first solution could significantly improve the productivity of the technicians he was working with. He was determined to build on this vision— so he quit his job, learned to write code, and created the first version of UpKeep from his family's garage!
Today, our cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and cutting edge Industrial IoT sensors solve problems for thousands of businesses around the world. Our Asset Operations Management solutions, coupled with powerful cloud ecosystems, empower maintenance and facilities teams to achieve their digital transformation goals. We are providing meaningful value to an underserved, blue-collar workforce by streamlining workflows, improving collaboration, and making it easy to manage work orders and projects from anywhere, anytime!
We've raised $50 million in venture capital following a recent Series B funding round led by Insight Partners, Emergence Capital, Mucker, and Y Combinator. We're also building The Maintenance Community, the largest online forum and Slack group bringing industry professionals together to participate in discussions, webinars, podcasts, and courses.
At UpKeep, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products, and our community to flourish. UpKeep is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.