VP of Sales
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2023
UpKeep is the leading cloud-based Asset Operations Management software developed to revolutionize the way teams manage facilities and maintenance work. We provide mobile-first SaaS solutions, Industrial IoT sensors, data analytics tools, advanced enterprise integrations, and top-notch professional services. Our innovative technology is modernizing workflows and maximizing operational efficiency for over 3,000 customers including Shell, Yamaha, Unilever, McDonalds, Subway, Pepsi, and Marriott!
We're a Series B tech startup with 100+ team members across the US. We've been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" multiple years in a row by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to stock options and great benefits, our people have the flexibility to work remote. UpKeep is ranked the #1 Facility Management software on Gartner, #1 Maintenance Management software on G2 Crowd, FrontRunners on Software Advice, and CMMS Leader on IDC MarketScape.
Reporting to UpKeep’s CEO, Ryan Chan, this leader will play a meaningful role in driving growth at UpKeep. The VP of Sales will be an executive with a demonstrated history of success building organizations that have a reputation for outstanding performance. This individual will be someone who is hands-on with sales, has a track record of overachieving in high-growth environments and has actively contributed to building high-performance, authentic sales organizations. The role will require an individual to establish a results and performance-based culture while infusing an appropriate level of process and prioritization. It will be critical that this leader has helped scale a rapidly growing SaaS business by developing a top-down, value focused, sales team with proven success across SMB, Mid-Market and Enterprise customer segments.
In this role, the VP of Sales will work closely with the CEO to develop the plan and roadmap for growth. They will set revenue and profitability targets while orchestrating the strategy and roadmap to bring new buyers to the platform and to improve the success of UpKeep’s current customer base. They must be a natural leader and a strategic innovator with the ability and desire to take on more challenges than what is given to them. This person must be comfortable as an authentic leader, a mentor, a role model, and a hands-on player able to close meaningful deals in order to achieve the company targets. They will be a driven, competitive person with a strong dedication to achieving the company’s stated mission, encouraging a positive yet adventurous culture and implementing business practices in a highly scalable, profitable and balanced business.
For this role, we are prioritizing candidates based in Southern California, but we are open to other locations in which we currently operate.
- Drive Upkeep’s go-to-market strategy; this leader must be strategically facile and innovative, with the ability to take a vision and translate it into strategy (goals, priorities, and tactics).
- Build, motivate, and lead a high performing sales and go-to-market organization; this individual will attract, recruit, and retain talent.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to craft, implement, and execute on operational business strategies that will drive rapid revenue growth and establish Upkeep’s footprint in market.
- Provide strategic guidance, insight, and knowledge about market trends, customer attitudes, and effectiveness of sales strategies. Ensure customer satisfaction and retention while seeking to maximize account growth and penetration.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the sales team, including mentoring, coaching, and development to drive goal attainment; provide clear and regular communication to sales teams relative to company direction, performance, and achievements.
- Win the market by driving revenue and new logo acquisition.
- Promote the product and support customer success and partnerships.
- Participate in formulating key strategic decisions as a part of the company leadership team.
Experience & Knowledge
- Track record in leading and building successful teams, while operating themselves in an urgent and highly driven manner
- Deep expertise across multiple customer segments ranging from Mid-market to Enterprise customers & price points.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally with all teams.
- Strong mentoring and process development skills (ex. Uplevelling BDR’s by providing competitive differentiation training)
- Experience leading growth from $20M+ to $50M+ in ARR and leading a sales team of 10+ people
- Demonstrated ability to build an authentic sales process from scratch and drive a thoughtful sales process
- Established ability at building and leading impactful teams to deliver revenue and results
- Proven Track Record of collaborating optimally with marketing, business development, and customer success to build a strong, cohesive go-to-market machine
- Validated evangelical sales experience with a new product/new market environment.
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Your personal and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture.
Full-time team members at UpKeep are offered affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance for themselves and their families, HSA with employer paid contribution, optional FSA, Life Insurance, 11 paid annual holidays, unlimited paid time off, 10 days of sick time per year, ability to enroll in our 401(k) plan, 12-week paid parental leave, Employee Assistance Program, Modern Health for mental health resources, and the flexibility to work from home. We value work-life-harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
Company History & Product:
UpKeep was founded in 2014 by our CEO, Ryan Chan, based on an idea he had while using outdated desktop software as a Process Engineer in a manufacturing plant. He believed a mobile-first solution could significantly improve the productivity of the technicians he was working with. He was determined to build on this vision— so he quit his job, learned to write code, and created the first version of UpKeep from his family's garage!
Today, our cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and cutting edge Industrial IoT sensors solve problems for thousands of businesses around the world. Our Asset Operations Management solutions, coupled with powerful cloud ecosystems, empower maintenance and facilities teams to achieve their digital transformation goals. We are providing meaningful value to an underserved, blue-collar workforce by streamlining workflows, improving collaboration, and making it easy to manage work orders and projects from anywhere, anytime!
We've raised $50 million in venture capital following a recent Series B funding round led by Insight Partners, Emergence Capital, Mucker, and Y Combinator. We're also building The Maintenance Community, the largest online forum and Slack group bringing industry professionals together to participate in discussions, webinars, podcasts, and courses.
At UpKeep, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products, and our community to flourish. UpKeep is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.