VP of Sales
Note: We support 100% remote work for applicants who reside in the following states: California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Texas and Washington.
Textio helps companies hire and retain diverse teams by eliminating bias in the most critical moments across the talent lifecycle. Textio gives you the tools to build high-performing teams by attracting diverse talent and supporting their career growth.
Textio is at an incredibly exciting inflection point. Long the leader in augmented writing software, we recently introduced a new product that transforms people management through the power of AI, and it has been the fastest-growing product in our company's history. (7x ARR growth in 2023!) We are seeking a hands-on, operationally adept sales leader to fuel this growth journey and contribute to our vibrant, inclusive culture.
The VP of Sales at Textio is a pivotal role that requires a blend of growth mindset, team selling focus, and operational excellence. This position is ideal for a leader excited to take a product through a fast growth journey, great at building teams, and pumped to develop and grow the sales system for an early product. The right person will be a dynamic communicator adept at engaging with diverse audiences, including prospects, team members, business partners, and investors. Experience in selling SaaS HR software is a plus.
If you want to achieve great business results while helping to sell products that truly make workplaces a better place to be, this might be the role for you!
- Strategic Leadership: Create and execute an integrated sales strategy in harmony with our company's objectives and vision. Take ownership, lead the sales team, emphasize innovation, and cultivate a culture of high performance where the team collaborates for collective success. Demonstrate outstanding communication and coaching abilities, not only for accountability but also for optimizing the success of Textio as a whole. Display a strong dedication to nurturing a diverse and inclusive team environment.
- Product Expertise: Gain an in-depth understanding of our clients, who are largely HR, DEIB, Talent Management, and Corporate Legal professionals striving to have a more fair, equitable, and inclusive workplace. Demonstrate curiosity and a thorough understanding of all aspects of Textio's business.
- Sales Excellence: Work with marketing to craft compelling sales pitches that clearly articulate the benefits of our services, demonstrating how they enhance productivity, security, and efficiency for businesses while ensuring no one is left behind. Help reps achieve their goals through a great deal of coaching and teaching mechanics.
- Negotiation and Deal Closing: Apply your strong negotiation skills to finalize terms and pricing, driving revenue growth and achieving sales targets. You know when to pull the right people into conversations strategically to get the deal across the line.
- Performance Analysis: Monitor and act on sales performance metrics, taking proactive steps and trying experiments to create continuous improvement.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Leadership Excellence: Proven ability to lead and inspire a sales team with a history of achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Communication Mastery: Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, capable of building strong relationships with clients and team members.
- Critical Thinking: Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing successful sales strategies, with a keen understanding of market dynamics. Strong background of crafting systematic, predictable sales environments.
- Customer Insight: Desire to know the customer deeply and to anticipate their needs.
- Data-Driven Approach: Proficiency in analyzing sales data, identifying trends, and making informed, strategic decisions.
- Modern Sales System: Familiarity with Salesforce and other essential sales tools, and comfortable in integrating technology into sales strategies. Confirmed ability to work effectively in modern software environments.
We want to build a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. We have a number of outstanding benefits to support that.
- We offer flexible schedules and unlimited time off. Take vacations to recharge and work the schedule that makes sense for you. We’re about long-term growth and success, so that means working sustainably.
- We provide outstanding health care, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
- Paid time to volunteer at non-profits. If you volunteer enough, we’ll match your hours with donations.
- On-demand mentoring with Bravely.
The base salary for this role’s listed level is currently $200,000 - $220,000 (OTE: $400,000 - $500,000). Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. We will provide more information on our benefits and equity upon request. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted up to or over 100% of the offered base salary (uncapped). Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for > Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Textio embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Textio requests applicants shared demographic information because having a recruitment process that is fair and unbiased is at the core of who we are and what do. The information we collect helps us measure, and holds us accountable to, our progress towards building a diverse and inclusive workplace. The data enables us to perform internal analysis on our hiring practices. If we see any unintentional biases or disparities in our process, we can work to address and eliminate them. It allows us to continuously improve our hiring procedures and make them more equitable and hold ourself true to being able to hire and retain a diverse team.
Please note that providing this information is completely voluntary. Any information you provide will be kept confidential and will not impact your chances of employment in any way. The data is used strictly for statistical purposes and to ensure fairness in our hiring processes.
Textio will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require any accommodation please contact our recruiting team at email@example.com.
Persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind, or have speech disabilities, please dial 711 to access telecommunications relay services.
Working at Textio is outstanding. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://textio.com/careers/.
Reach out and share your story with us!