Manager, Customer Success - APAC Region
“Endless tenacity for customers” is Sendbird’s first core value. Customer Success Managers live and breathe it, and the CSM team’s charter is to build confidence across all stages of the customer lifecycle to drive the adoption of SendBird products and services, manage critical customers, and technically enable our customers
As the regional manager of the CSM team in APAC, you will be responsible for growing and scaling the customer success organisation in APAC to drive customer adoption and growth. You will be responsible for managing the renewals forecast, reducing churn, and working with partners in sales to drive upsell. You will work with sales, support, operations, engineering, product management, and solution engineering to build, maintain, and grow customer loyalty.
What you will do
- Leadership: Manage a team of Customer Success Managers in APAC, with a focus on scaling the customer success organization to drive efficiency and customer growth.
- Product Adoption: . Support CSMs to drive adoption, usage, and expansion of Sendbird’s products with customers.
- Account Management: Lead regular status meetings with Customer Success and Account Management teams to review customer health, upcoming renewals, and potential risks. Benchmark progress weekly, gather program measurements and track and analyze the data to ensure the achievement of the business goals.
- Customer Empowerment: Be the Voice of the Customer within the organization. Gather customer product feedback and communicate with product management and engineering to shape the product development roadmap. Identify use cases not yet covered by our current platform/patterns on issues faced by customers.
Who you are
- Strategic thinker who will proactively make recommendations to improve ROI throughout the customer’s journey
- Able to create structure in ambiguous situations and design effective processes
- Highly organized with superb time management skills, and experience working with remotely distributed global teams in different time zones.
- A motivated problem solver with a positive approach to solving customer problems large and small
- Passionate for technology and for contributing to a fast-growing SaaS company
- Self-motivated and proactive as a team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and adoption
- Skilled relationship builder who uses strong interpersonal skills
- Diplomatic, tactful, and poised under pressure, especially when working with customers
What you bring to the table
- B.S or M.S. with 10+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of CSM Team management experience in APAC
- Fluent in English
- Experienced in managing customer KPIs and goals
- Experienced in implementing new processes and communicating them with internal teams
- An understanding of API architecture and use cases
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g. Sales, Product, Marketing, Engineering)
- Experience in Account Management or Sales
- Business fluency in Korean
- Experience working in Gainsight or customer health tools
- Experience working in JIRA, Confluence, Looker, and Salesforce
Our APAC benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Silicon Valley's stock options that can be exercised after one year
- Dynamic Nest program - work from home or come to the office, depending on the needs of your team
- Free parking at our Seolleung Office or commute by taxi and we can support that!
- Support for home office set up including equipment and desk items
- Group insurance support for self, spouse, and children
- Support for medical checkups
- 7 additional vacations on top of compulsory annual leave
- 12-week paid parental leave (both mom and dad)
- Learn a Language benefit - we will provide an monthly reimbursement towards language lessons
- Be Your Best Self: an annual monetary offering (prorated by start date) for expenses ranging from professional development classes and training, to personality assessments, gym memberships, books, fitness classes, mental health services, and massages. We want you to thrive!
Flexible Work Policy
We offer a flexible work schedule at Sendbird. We also value collaboration and relationship building. With those values in mind, we require all employees within an hour's commute range of their local office to gather with their team in the office twice per week as a minimum. Some of our roles require a more frequent in-office schedule. Please work with your manager to understand the office time requirements for your position.
At Sendbird, we are building the most scalable and powerful chat API in the world with a mission to build connections in a digital world. Conversations have always been the way people build relationships and get things done and our goal is to put the power of conversations in the hands of every developer and brand by making apps more social through chat, voice, and video.
Sendbird is a unicorn start-up headquartered in San Mateo, CA with additional offices in; London, Seoul, Singapore, and Bengaluru and has raised over $220M with a $1 Billion+ valuation from leading investors, including ICONIQ Capital, STEADFAST Capital Ventures, Tiger Global Management, Shasta Ventures, Softbank Vision Fund 2, and Y Combinator.