Head of Demand Generation
Sendbird is looking for an experienced and passionate Head of Demand Generation to power our company through Series D and beyond.
As the Head of Demand Generation, you will own delivering on the new customer acquisition pipeline targets committed to management and the board. We’re looking for a goal-oriented leader who thrives on hitting and exceeding their pipeline number. Our ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial in nature who is not tied to a single “playbook” or way of doing things but can adapt to the fast pace of a rapidly evolving communications API market.
To succeed in this job, you’ll know how to think big, play big, and apply your creativity to generate demand for Sendbird’s platform and products. You’ll also enjoy leading from the front as a player-coach, unafraid to roll up your sleeves and show your team of demand marketers what it takes to strategize, plan, and execute with consistency to succeed quarter after quarter. This role reports into our Head of Marketing.
What You Will Do:
- Build and mold high performing teams that can plan and execute on demand generation strategies
- Scale our growth marketing efforts, define and improve KPIs and processes, manage a sizable (and growing) acquisition budget, and assume responsibility for exceeding pipeline goals each quarter.
- Conceptualize and test new experimental campaigns that can help drive revenue at higher efficiency as we scale.
- Positively engage with Sales team and leadership to ensure marketing efforts convert into real opportunities down the funnel.
- Leverage key channels such as digital advertising, web marketing, paid search, email marketing, nurturing, webinars, direct mail, events, outbound calling and more.
Who You Are:
- A data-driven operator who has success building demand generations plan across multiple channels, geos, and market segments and delivers against aggressive growth targets.
- A strong leader with attention to detail and commitment to operational excellence in execution of programs
- Agile and adaptable. You are obsessed with rapid experimentation to fail your way towards success, measuring the effectiveness of programs and a willingness to change course.
- Creative. You possess a knack for inspiring creativity for campaigns, with a bias for action
- A driver. You are able to drive an agenda, and drive alignment. You can corral the cross-functional resources needed to be successful.
- Inspirational and forward thinking. You can help the team connect the dots between marketing campaigns and corporate objectives / strategy.
- Experienced in marketing to product managers and/or developers preferred
What You Offer:
- 7+ years of prior demand generation experience at a SaaS, PasS, or equivalent high-tech company where you were responsible for the company or product line’s pipeline number that is on par with or exceeds the scale of a Series C SaaS company.
- Strategic leader who can think backward from a growth number
- Experience across paid, owned, and earned lead sources
- Experience with hybrid inbound & outbound sales motions; ABM a bonus
- Expertise in modern systems, processes, and tactics associated with this type of funnel
- Experience in a startup environment where you’ve built systems, not just maintained them.
What we offer:
A hybrid workplace. Our teams come to our San Mateo office 3 times per week.
Our US benefits include (but are not limited to):
- 20 days PTO, 12 paid US company holidays, 5 sick days, 2 volunteer days, plus a rest/rejuvenation and birthday day off
- Company subsidized medical, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Parental leave
- Life and disability insurance
- Be Your Best Self: An annual stipend of $3,500 (prorated by start date) for expenses ranging from professional development classes and training, to personality assessments, gym memberships, books, fitness classes, mental health services and massages
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location. To determine our ranges, we utilize a variety of compensation data benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range for this role is $225,000 - $265,000. This range is specific to the San Francisco Bay market. We consider several factors when making final compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs which may cause your specific offer to vary from the amount listed above.
What diversity and inclusion mean to us:
There is no such thing as a perfect candidate and the best employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. Sendbird is a place where everyone can learn and grow. We respect, promote, and encourage diversity for equal employment opportunities and encourage you to apply if this role excites you.
At Sendbird, we are building the most scalable and powerful chat API in the world with a mission to build connections in a digital world. Conversations have always been the way people build relationships and get things done and our goal is to put the power of conversations in the hands of every developer and brand by making apps more social through chat, voice and video.
Sendbird is rapidly growing unicorn start-up headquartered in San Mateo, CA with additional offices in; New York, London, Seoul, Singapore, and Bengaluru and has raised over $220M with a $1 Billion+ valuation from leading investors, including: ICONIQ Capital, STEADFAST Capital Ventures, Tiger Global Management, Shasta Ventures, Softbank Vision Fund 2, and Y Combinator.