Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
What you will do
- Design and implement large-scale data management to serve mission-critical applications, including business analytics
- Provide database-related solutions based on technical documents, tests, and understandings of applications logic or business requirements
- Provide technical assistance to resolve database issues related to the performance, scalability, and security
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience with database maintenance, troubleshooting, and performance improvements such as schema modeling, query optimization, and security enhancement
- Experience with MySQL/AWS Aurora MySQL technologies, including administration and development
- Knowledge of NoSQL technologies, schema-less solutions, or data sharding framework
- Knowledge of RDBMS, NoSQL, or NewSQL
- Experienced in AWS or GCP
- Familiar with ORM framework
- Infrastructure as Code - Terraform
- Containerization - K8S, AWS EKS
- Google BigQuery
Our KR benefits include (but are not limited to)
- Silicon Valley's equity program (1-year cliff)
- Remote work policy, flexible work hours
- Be Your Best Self: 3.9 million won (prorated by start date) for expenses ranging from professional development classes and training, to personality assessments, to gym memberships, to books, to fitness classes, to mental health services, to massages
- Support for home office set up such as motion desks, chairs, monitors, and AirPods
- Learn a Language benefit - up to 3.6 million won per year towards language lessons
- Weekly office lunch
- Monthly team building cost
- Partial support for commuting costs
- Free parking at the Seolleung office
- Group insurance support that covers employees, spouses, and children
- Medical checkup support, including MRI and genetic testing - for the employee and one family member
- Seven additional paid holidays in addition to annual leave (Boost leave, Birthday leave, etc.)
- Support for the latest work devices, such as MacBook Pro (special support options for each job position)
- Unlimited snack bar filled with snacks, beverages, and instant noodles every day
- 12-week paid parental leave support (available for both mothers and fathers)
- Other support programs for congratulations and condolences
The Future of Work at Sendbird 2.0
Sendbird values both work efficiency and team collaboration, and relationship building. For that purpose, we operate the new Future of Work 2.0 system. Those who live within an hour's commute to work will go to the office once a week to achieve synergy while autonomously choosing the best place and time to work together. Depending on your residence, organization, or nature of work, the frequency of attendance will be determined by consulting with the team.
What diversity and inclusion mean to us
There is no such thing as a perfect candidate and the best employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets. Sendbird is a place where everyone can learn and grow. We respect, promote, and encourage diversity for equal employment opportunities and encourage you to apply if this role excites you.
At Sendbird, we are building the most scalable and powerful chat API in the world with a mission to build connections in a digital world. Conversations have always been the way people build relationships and get things done and our goal is to put the power of conversations in the hands of every developer and brand by making apps more social through chat, voice and video.
Sendbird is rapidly growing unicorn start-up headquartered in San Mateo, CA with additional offices in; New York, London, Seoul, Singapore, and Bengaluru and has raised over $220M with a $1 Billion+ valuation from leading investors, including: ICONIQ Capital, STEADFAST Capital Ventures, Tiger Global Management, Shasta Ventures, Softbank Vision Fund 2, and Y Combinator.
Something looks off?