Client Account Executive - Enterprise
Job Title: Enterprise Client Account Executive
Although we’re proud of our history, we’re even more excited about the future. We want to create a world-class culture and company that attracts, develops, engages and retains elite talent.
At Salesloft, our Enterprise Client Account Executive will be pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing sales team and will be our boots-on-the-ground solution to building personal relationships and making our Enterprise and Mid-Market customers successful. We believe that the most successful sellers have a passionate and supportive team behind them.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for educating the market about the power of Salesloft and generating opportunities with existing customers. Specifically, you will:
- Act as a trusted advisor to clients, providing valuable insights and solutions to address their business needs. Present product offerings effectively, showcasing their value proposition to encourage upsells and expansions.
- Analyze client usage and adoption patterns to identify opportunities for upselling and cross-selling additional products and services.
- Work closely with the sales, customer success, and marketing teams to ensure a seamless client experience. Share valuable feedback from clients to improve overall product and service offerings.
- Exemplify our results-focused value, consistently achieve or overachieve on your sales targets
- Forecast sales activity and revenue achievement while maintaining satisfied and referenceable customers.
- Be seen as a thought-leader and industry expert, staying up-to-date on industry trends, competitive landscape, and customer needs.
In addition to working with amazing colleagues who exemplify our ‘team over self’ core value, you will also have the opportunity to sell an impactful and revolutionary software that is changing the way sellers sell. You will have an opportunity to make a difference.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a results-oriented, motivated and strategic enterprise ‘farmer’ who is laser-focused on generating upsell and expansion business within North America. Specifically, you will play a pivotal role in solidifying our position as an anchor technology company within the U.S. by maintaining and growing our existing customer base and crushing your annual quota.
If you’re passionate about sales technology, providing a world-class customer experience, and thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth startup environment, then becoming an Enterprise Client Account Executive is the career path for you!
Our Salesloft’s Enterprise Sales team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming sales professionals who are all aligned on one vision and mission:
- Vision: Every seller is loved by the buyers they serve (#saleslove)
- Mission: Equip companies to maximize revenue by creating a fantastic buying experience
The Enterprise Sales team consists of results-oriented SaaS sales professionals with a strong hunter mentality and a desire to win. The CAEs on our team share a few common traits: they are self-motivated, ambitious, and passionate about evangelizing the future of sales innovation.
They are also the epitome of our core values: Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
THE SKILL SET:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a Sales and/or SaaS environment. Relevant experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Extensive experience managing and winning complex deals
- Experience managing and expanding customer relationships
- Expertise in developing customized solutions for complex customer needs
- Experience engaging in strategic revenue-centric conversations with CROs, Heads of Sales Operations, and VPs of Sales within our customer base
- Ability to run a full sales lifecycle, start to finish, within the Enterprise and Mid-Market segment
- Experience executing detailed product presentations and web demonstrations of our software capabilities to C-level executives, directors, and sales managers
- Adept at identifying and utilizing internal resources (Sales Development, Sales Engineers, CSMs etc.) to build Salesloft brand awareness, assist in sales cycles, and close deals
- Collaborative mentality by prioritizing ‘we’ and not focusing on ‘me’
- Superb active listening skills; you must understand objections and defeat them by turning skeptics into ecstatic customers
- High level of empathy - it’s important for our CAEs to be a good people to peers and prospects
- Consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals w/ a strong W2 track record
- Proven ability to make strong connections and overcome rejection to achieve results
- Demonstrated ability to conduct compelling on-site presentations and product demonstrations to C-Level executives
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend Salesloft’s New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our Salesloft story and understand what makes our “Lofters” unique
- Join our 3-week Sales Bootcamp, where you will learn our software and all the skills necessary to set you up for success, allowing you to make an impact in the market quickly
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan, meet & shadow current members of the Salesloft team, and delve into your territory
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Meet key partners in Account Management, Finance, Marketing, Executives etc. - they will be key relationships for you throughout your deal cycle
- Become demo certified
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be a product expert and feel comfortable demoing and closing your first deal
- Execute detailed product presentations and web demonstrations of our software capabilities to C-level executives, directors, and sales managers
- Consistently achieve your activity goals
- Have a documented understanding of your current book of business that highlights where the most growth is located based on the total addressable market (TAM)
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Consistently meet or exceed your quota
- Complete your Lessonly training to ensure you are up-to-date on negotiation best practices, new releases and more
- Continue to focus on your OKRs
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be considered a top-performing CAE on the team by consistently exceeding your goals
- Set an example for new CAEs, and assist in training, onboarding and motivating new Lofters
WHY YOU’LL LOVE SALESLOFT:
At Salesloft, we're not just a company, we're a community built on shared values.
We put our customers first, prioritize our team over ourselves, focus on results, have a bias toward taking action, and choose to see the glass as half full. These values have been at the heart of our growth in becoming the #1 leader in sales engagement software, and we're still just getting started.
Salesloft helps sales teams drive more revenue with the only complete Sales Engagement platform available in the market. Salesloft is the one place for sellers and managers to go to execute all their digital selling tasks, communicate with buyers, understand what to do next, forecast with accuracy, and get the coaching and insights they need to win more deals. Thousands of the world’s most successful sales teams, like those at Google, 3M, IBM, Shopify, Square, and Cisco, drive more revenue with Salesloft.
Since our founding in 2011, we have grown into a global, award-winning organization with Lofters based all over the world. As a testament to our organizational health, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2021, Atlanta Business Chronicle’s 2022 Healthiest Employers, three times by Deloitte as a ‘Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America,’ and have been recognized as a top workplace by Fortune, Glassdoor, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, and Inc Magazine.
In addition to our stand-out organizational health, G2 recently ranked us #1 in Enterprise Sales Engagement and we were named a leader in the 2022 Forrester Wave for Sales Engagement. We received the highest possible score in 26 out of 30 criteria, more than any other vendor evaluated in our category.
We’re redefining an age-old industry. This is challenging work – but our team of driven innovators makes the journey thrilling. We’re fast-paced, cutting-edge, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything we do and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!
Check us out on Glassdoor and see what people LOVE about working for Salesloft!
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-trajectory organization
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- You will build community with Lofters of many cultures and backgrounds through ERGs and DEI initiatives
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
It is Salesloft’s intent to pay all Lofters competitive wages and salaries that are motivational, fair and equitable. The goal of Salesloft’s compensation program is to be transparent, attract potential employees, meet the needs of all current employees and encourage employees to stay with our organization.
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location.
The total compensation package for this position may also include performance bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.
Salesloft embraces diversity and invites applications from people of all walks of life. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.