Director, Deal Desk
At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
We are building a world-class Revenue Operations team to enable our next stage of growth, and our Deal Desk is at the forefront of driving revenue. As Vice President, Deal Desk, you will work closely with Sales, Professional Services, Finance, and Legal to build a streamlined and scalable quote-to-cash process.
- Build out a high-performing global deal desk team responsible for designing deal structures and efficiently coordinating deal flows
- Analyze and develop deal structures and deal strategy in collaboration with Sales, Finance, Services, and Legal
- Identify and implement optimizations to our quoting and approval processes, targeting a shorter deal cycle
- Serve as a trusted advisor to Sales in structuring complex deals and enable them to navigate their deals through guidance and training
- Own our quoting systems and drive necessary systems updates with IT and other stakeholders
Personal qualities to succeed in the role:
- You are a builder and thrive when given the opportunity to develop your own strategy, processes,and people.
- You are a talent-first leader who builds a strong team culture and has an exponential impact on your
- team members’ development.
- You balance process optimization and trackability with immediate business needs and agility.
- You prioritize data driven decisions and apply those to ambiguous situations.
- You excel at collaborating cross-functionally with sales, finance, and other team members around the world.
- 8+ years experience with Deal Desk, Deal Strategy, Sales, and/or Sales Operations in a fast-paced B2B tech company, SaaS experience a plus
- Track record of building out key deal desk processes from scratch
- 5+ years experience hiring, managing, and coaching team members
- Experience leading and collaborating with teams across multiple geographies
- Strong executive communication skills with extensive experience collaborating with C-suite executives