Senior Manager, Treasury
At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
The Treasury Manager will play a critical role in managing, improving, planning, supporting, and providing strategic oversight over the Company's treasury function. This position will work closely with Finance, Legal, Tax, and Operations to ensure all of project44's goals are met.
- Develop, execute, oversee, and approve all activities, policies, procedures, and systems of the treasury department, ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) regulations at all times.
- Oversee all transactions and contracts with financial implications, including coordinating and supervising the release of funds for the global entity and managing the corporate insurance program.
- Implement cash management techniques to optimize funds based on the various, changing needs to the business.
- Establish and maintain banking relationships for corporate, subsidiary, and international bank accounts, while coordinating borrowing and leasing arrangements with lending institutions.
- Coordinate with FP&A on cash flow forecasting, taking ownership of forecasting disbursements and ensuring a process is in place to update forecasts regularly.
- Prepare financial reports, including cash flow statements and treasury related KPIs.
- Assist the organization in raising capital and securing other forms of financing as needed, ensuring compliance with debt covenants.
- Manage the company’s debt portfolio and interest payments: interest rate resets, confirm payments are correctly calculated and monitor interest resets on the revolver.
- Develop and maintain relationships with bankers, both commercial and investment, and lead efforts for Insurance and Risk Management as well as Business Continuity Planning activities.
- Establish the Enterprise Risk Management architecture for the company, overseeing or monitoring all operational risk management activities, and analyzing risks within the company's business units, reporting to the Board as necessary.
- Oversee internal controls in the areas of responsibility.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree(s) in finance or a similar field of study, and a minimum of eight (8) years' experience in Treasury, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Proven experience in building a treasury function from the ground up and managing day-to-day activities.
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial markets, accounting, banking, and relevant regulatory/statutory issues.
- Familiarity with treasury management systems and banking products.
- Ethical professionalism with strong business acumen.
- Collaborative team player with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and web-based tools.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (minimal if any, e.g., team building or training), once the office reopens.
- Ability to clear the required background check.
- Sound quantitative and analytical skills, both financial and non-financial.
- Strong leadership, communication, and influencing skills, especially in managing a complex, matrixed organization.
- Master's degree preferred.
Diversity & Inclusion:
At project44, we're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. As we work to deliver a truly world-class product and experience, we are also intentionally building teams that reflect the unique communities we serve. We’re focused on creating a company where all team members can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We’re building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for, and our journey of becoming a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization, where all have a sense of belonging, is shaped through the actions of our leadership, global teams and individual team members. We are resolute in our belief that each team member has an equal responsibility to mold and uphold our culture.
project44 is an equal opportunity employer seeking to enrich our work environment by creating opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any accommodation needed during the hiring process, please email email@example.com. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above job description you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44:
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continue to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we have created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.