At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
Project44 is looking for a Data Engineer to join our engineering team. You will work in a fast-paced Agile environment designing, building, and implementing scalable micro-service systems consumed by companies around the world.
What you’re most excited for:
- Designing and writing ETL jobs, data monitoring, and data cleaning.
- Building optimized data pipelines.
- Enjoy database related work: Snowflake/Postgres/MongoDB.
- Applying software rigor to create reliable, easily extensible data systems.
- Collaborate with product on prioritization and scheduling of product and engineering features
- Be a positive role model.
- B.Tech/BE in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or above.
- 3+ years of experience in SQL, schema design and data analytics.
- Hands on in Programming proficiency in any programming language like Python(preferred), Java, Scala.
- Experience with data system orchestration and designing pipelines
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and supporting tools such as Jira, Confluence, Rally, etc.
- Dynamic & driven individual with enthusiasm for working in a high-profile, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proven track record of working in a fast paced, competing priority environment, capable of partnering with and communicating across multiple functions and teams
- Excellent communications skills and can speak directly to executives and customers in fast-developing situations, and write critical customer communications
- Experience in database administration, including Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Experience with data visualization tools, e.g., Looker or Tableau
- Understand tradeoffs and optimize towards different metrics such as cost, time, memory, or compute.
- Develop collaborative relationships with diverse internal teams, like Sales, Infosec, Business Intelligence, or other product teams
- Familiarity with Python, DBT, Kafka, Argo, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker, and Snowflake
- Knowledge of Real time Analytics / event driven systems
Diversity & Inclusion
At project44, we're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. As we work to deliver a truly world-class product and experience, we are also intentionally building teams that reflect the unique communities we serve. We’re focused on creating a company where all team members can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We’re building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for, and our journey of becoming a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization, where all have a sense of belonging, is shaped through the actions of our leadership, global teams and individual team members. We are resolute in our belief that each team member has an equal responsibility to mold and uphold our culture.
project44 is an equal opportunity employer seeking to enrich our work environment by creating opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.
A candidate will be asked to conduct a pre-employment criminal background screening test as a standard routine to minimize moral & integrity risks among our staff and to ensure Project44 is compliant with its internal pre-employment screening policy and SOC 2, Sarbanes Oxley Act and ISO 27001 compliance. We will only ask you to conduct a criminal background check when we believe it is proportionate to the role that you will fulfil within your team and/or department A criminal back ground check will be facilitated by our third party vendor Accurate who will assist you to get the appropriate documents from authorities in the country where you will be employed. Depending on the country where you will be employed your local authority will provide a Certificate of Conduct or similar document upon your request. If there are any costs related to screening, these will be borne by Project44. When our vendor Accurate will reach out to, you will be asked for your consent. We would like to emphasize that at all time you can decide to withdraw from the application process and/or to withdraw the consent to perform a screening test.