Field & Event Marketing Manager
At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work. project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
Field & Event Marketing Manager
As the Field & Event Marketing Manager, you will support field marketing and demand generation programs by focusing on project44’s event and tradeshow strategy. You’ll work closely with sales and marketing to build and execute event experiences that engage our prospects and customers to drive maximum ROI.
You’re a self-starter and thrive in fast-paced, goal-oriented environments. You have success in planning, overseeing, and executing activities of successful events in both virtual and in-person environments. You have experience in B2B marketing, preferably in the technology space.
- Responsibility for the development and implementation of the marketing strategy for North America
- Collaborate cross functionally with sales and marketing to develop the event execution strategy including pre-show campaigns, coordinating travel, managing vendor relationships, planning onsite dinners, and post-event follow up.
- Develop strong relationships with external vendors and associations to ensure high quality work and success of event participation
- Ensure programs and events are on brand and on message
- Provide logistical support including pre- and post-event communications, program management, and travel coordination
- Negotiate and secure exhibit contracts, sponsorships, and meeting space
- Manage and maintain various planning documents, including event calendars, event reports and other key documents
- Manage administration work for events, booking travel for team attending, and traveling to events
- Own the pre and post-event process, completing debrief meetings and overseeing sales outreach
- Responsible for measurement of marketing programs and reporting data back to sales and marketing teams
Requirements and Preferred Skills:
- 4+ years in event or field marketing
- Creative thinker and result-driven
- Clear and thoughtful communicator
- SaaS/tech industry experience with an understanding of B2B marketing
- Ability to work closely with a distributed sales team and collaborate closely across multiple geographies
- Coordinate, manage, and execute multiple events concurrently
- Ability to project manage with strong attention to detail, logistically and operationally
- Data driven and ROI-focused
- Travel required
- Account based marketing and partner marketing experience a plus
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More About project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.