Carrier Operations Specialist
At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
About the role
As a Carrier Operations Specialist at project44, you will play a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning and optimization of our global carrier network. You will be responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and troubleshooting carrier performance to maintain the highest level of operational efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Managing Workflows: Manage internal workflows and operations processes to ensure customer value
- Carrier Monitoring: Monitor and proactively manage the project44 global carrier network to resolve issues or bottlenecks. Ensure real-time visibility into carrier performance metrics and take action to resolve any incidents that may impact service quality
- Incident Management: Respond to carrier-related incidents promptly and efficiently. Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Performance Optimization: Identify opportunities to enhance carrier efficiency, capacity, and reliability. Implement changes and improvements to optimize the carrier's performance, ensuring seamless data transmission and delivery
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Customer Success and Customer Support, to align carrier operations with business objectives and customer needs
Requirements & Preferred Skills
- Ideally previous experience in a client-facing or any similar position
- Fluency in verbal & written English language is required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to think critically under pressure
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with diverse teams
- Knowledge of Supply Chain/Logistics/Transportation operations, Carrier Relations, Carrier Procurement is an advantage
- Quick learner, especially around industry knowledge and for technology
- Proactive attitude, excellent communication
- Passion for carrier/customer satisfaction and operational excellence
- Ability to roll up your sleeves to accomplish what needs to be done
- Ability to manage your own workload and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.
A candidate will be asked to conduct a pre-employment criminal back ground screening test as a standard routine to minimize moral & integrity risks among our staff and to ensure Project44 is compliant with its internal pre-employment screening policy and SOC 2, Sarbanes Oxley Act and ISO 27001 compliance. We will only ask you to conduct a criminal background check when we believe it is proportionate to the role that you will fulfil within your team and/or department A criminal back ground check will be facilitated by our third party vendor Accurate who will assist you to get the appropriate documents from authorities in the country where you will be employed. Depending on the country where you will be employed your local authority will provide a Certificate of Conduct or similar document upon your request. If there are any costs related to screening, these will be borne by Project44. When our vendor Accurate will reach out to, you will be asked for your consent. We would like to emphasize that at all time you can decide to withdraw from the application process and/or to withdraw the consent to perform a screening test.