Payroll Manager (APAC, EU, LATAM)
At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
- Support (non-US) global payroll in daily payroll operations and assist with global payroll provider management
- Coordinate with 8-10 payroll providers in multiple countries (EU, APAC, and LATAM)
- Manage payroll compliance with each countries payroll provider
- Work with People Operations & the US Payroll Manager to understand proper handling of employee benefits in the payroll
- Support the accounting team with payroll-related journal entries and payroll analysis
- Partner with Sales Operations to review and process sales commission payments
- Maintain developments in the payroll system
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and payroll transactions
- Assists with payroll-related audit requests & ad-hoc reporting
- Responds timely to employees’ inquiries regarding payroll
- Implement best-practices for payroll processes in UKG payroll system
- BA/BS in Human Resource Management, Finance, Accounting or related field
- 5 years of relevant payroll accounting experience
- Very high attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to respond to payroll inquiries with empathy & professionalism
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, and prioritize competing workloads
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and willingness to coordinate with Payroll Manager on global level where needed
- Payroll system implementation experience required
- Experience with UKG payroll system, Blue Marble Web Globe a huge plus
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.
A candidate will be asked to conduct a pre-employment criminal back ground screening test as a standard routine to minimize moral & integrity risks among our staff and to ensure Project44 is compliant with its internal pre-employment screening policy and SOC 2, Sarbanes Oxley Act and ISO 27001 compliance. We will only ask you to conduct a criminal background check when we believe it is proportionate to the role that you will fulfil within your team and/or department A criminal back ground check will be facilitated by our third party vendor Accurate who will assist you to get the appropriate documents from authorities in the country where you will be employed. Depending on the country where you will be employed your local authority will provide a Certificate of Conduct or similar document upon your request. If there are any costs related to screening, these will be borne by Project44. When our vendor Accurate will reach out to, you will be asked for your consent. We would like to emphasize that at all time you can decide to withdraw from the application process and/or to withdraw the consent to perform a screening test.