Technical Support Specialist
Hi Marley is the first intelligent conversational platform built for P&C insurance and powered by SMS. Designed by insurance professionals, Hi Marley enables lovable, convenient conversations across the entire ecosystem, saving money and time for carriers while building customer loyalty through delightful interactions. Hi Marley's industry-leading collaboration, coaching and analytics capabilities deliver crucial insights that streamline carrier operations while enabling a frictionless customer engagement experience. The solution is made for the enterprise; it’s fast to deploy, easy to use and seamlessly integrates with core insurance systems. Through its advanced conversational technology, Hi Marley reduces friction – empowering innovative carriers to reinvent the customer and employee experience.
We're seeking a Technical Support Specialist who excels in attention to detail, adept at engaging in technical discussions, and possesses a knack for creative problem-solving. We're not just looking for someone to handle customer reports and bug tracking – our ideal candidate will play a pivotal role in elevating our support processes systematically and innovatively, aiming to redefine and enhance our delivery of exceptional customer experiences. We thrive on teamwork and shared enthusiasm, which is why this role involves joining us in the office for two days each week.
What You’ll Do:
- Read error logs and monitor health of customer systems
- Advanced troubleshooting using database and API querying
- Convert technical descriptions of complex solutions into concise, simple explanations
- Innovate new techniques to proactively improve user experiences before issues are reported
- Troubleshoot/solve complex issues & escalate to engineering team with the technical details needed to reproduce and address issues
- Research, verify, and document product defects
- Reduce support tickets and resolution times via process improvements
What We're Looking for:
- Entry-level experience in customer-facing roles coupled with technical support expertise
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent written communication skills and fluency in English
- Comfort in a startup environment under autonomous management
- Track record of technical curiosity and a thirst to grow your technical skills
- SQL and Mongo querying experience
- QA experience
- Experience in data analysis skills
- System-level monitoring experience
- Experience with Okta or Twilio
- Experience reading and interacting with Google Chrome’s console
Who We Are:
Hi Marley has three core values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
- Max Courage - we encourage our team, our customers, and their customers to dream big, try new ideas and maximize impact by measuring risk.
- Be Humble – we lead with appreciation and promote a culture of humility, compassion and openness to learn from anyone, anywhere.
- Ubuntu “I am because we are” - we believe true success is much bigger than any single individual or company. By aligning our individual aims behind a shared purpose we can achieve our fullest potential, together.
Benefits and Perks:
On top of an exciting, supportive and intellectually curious workplace, we provide:
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it
- Competitive salary and generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- A fun, lively startup culture
- Core values-based leadership
- A culture of employee engagement, diversity and inclusion
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
Hi Marley is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive work environment representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, where all employees are encouraged to be their authentic selves.
Hi Marley participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, please review the documents under "E-Verify Poster" here: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/OnlineResources.aspx