Hi Marley is the first intelligent conversational platform built for P&C insurance and powered by SMS. Designed by insurance professionals, Hi Marley enables lovable, convenient conversations across the entire ecosystem, saving money and time for carriers while building customer loyalty through delightful interactions. Hi Marley's industry-leading collaboration, coaching and analytics capabilities deliver crucial insights that streamline carrier operations while enabling a frictionless customer engagement experience. The solution is made for the enterprise; it’s fast to deploy, easy to use and seamlessly integrates with core insurance systems. Through its advanced conversational technology, Hi Marley reduces friction – empowering innovative carriers to reinvent the customer and employee experience.
We are growing quickly and are looking for an Account Manager to join our Growth Team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success providing strategic leadership to customer teams and working collaboratively with internal stakeholders. The primary focus will be managing customer relationships, often meeting with C-level executives to understand their priorities and identifying opportunities for expanding Hi Marley’s relationship and impact.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as key point of contact for assigned accounts and customer strategy, while nurturing long-term relationships
- Understand customers’ business objectives and develop strategic account plans to meet their needs
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Product, Design, and Engineering to execute account strategy
- Understand complex roles and organizational structures to maximize the value of Hi Marley for the customer
- Partner with the Customer group to ensure customers receive maximum value and adoption
- Responsible and accountable for building pipeline and achieving revenue targets; carry a quota aligned to specific strategic accounts
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting of the pipeline, account plans and activities
- Monitor the company’s industry competitors, new products, and market conditions
- Demonstrate industry expertise on key business issues, processes and trends as well as develop and demonstrate Hi Marley solution domain expertise
- Attend events and conferences to improve the Hi Marley brand visibility and network
- Accurately capture and report all aspects of account and opportunity information within a sales force automation (SFA) system
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years in account management, closing enterprise software deals
- Experience selling in longer sales-cycle environments (6 mo.+)
- Experience working with large, complex Enterprise accounts
- The ability to build authentic relationships both internally and externally
- Exceptional communication skills, highly organized, collaborative and detail oriented
- Comfort in a startup environment – we move quickly and wear many hats in a dynamic environment
- Comfort with travel – expected 20-40% to develop and maintain relationships
- Experience in Property & Casualty insurance is a plus
Who We Are:
Hi Marley has three core values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
- Max Courage - we encourage our team, our customers, and their customers to dream big, try new ideas and maximize impact by measuring risk.
- Be Humble – we lead with appreciation and promote a culture of humility, compassion and openness to learn from anyone, anywhere.
- Ubuntu “I am because we are” - we believe true success is much bigger than any single individual or company. By aligning our individual aims behind a shared purpose we can achieve our fullest potential, together.
Benefits and Perks:
On top of an exciting, supportive and intellectually curious workplace, we provide:
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it
- Competitive salary and generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- A fun, lively startup culture
- Core values-based leadership
- A culture of employee engagement, diversity and inclusion
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
Hi Marley is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive work environment representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, where all employees are encouraged to be their authentic selves.
Hi Marley participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, please review the documents under "E-Verify Poster" here: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/OnlineResources.aspx