Marketing Specialist, Events
Hi Marley is the only digital collaboration platform built for insurance. With our innovative SaaS texting application, we’re on a mission to transform the insurance industry and we are having fun and learning along the way! We celebrate each other's victories in and outside of work, respect each other as individuals and professionals and value ideas over hierarchy. Hi Marley promotes a culture of continuous learning by always seeking ways to be better for ourselves, our team and our customers.
Hi Marley is seeking a Marketing Specialist, Events to join our growing team. Reporting to the VP of Brand & Communications, we’re looking for that special marketer who is collaborative, exceedingly organized, detail-oriented and will ensure Hi Marley’s presence at events is exceptional. You will have the backing of internal and external resources and support from a team committed to each other’s success. If you believe in the superpower of events, like to travel and want to contribute across the company, read on to learn more.
What You’ll Do:
- Build the events calendar by sourcing and evaluating industry conferences and events. Working cross-functionally, identify each event's value proposition, target audiences and goals.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end execution of internal and external events, including pre, during and post-event activities, managing the contracting process, and leading booth set up and break down.
- Serve as point of contact for external stakeholders. Understand and manage shipping and warehousing requirements for each event. Handle onsite details, including electricity, rentals, catering, shipping, etc.
- Serve as the go-to resource for Hi Marley employees on questions before, during and after events. Provide Hi Marley attendees with pertinent event information (ex., room blocks, transportation, schedules, etc.). Work with Marketing, Growth and Customer Success teams to select event attendees.
- Develop a memorable event presence. Work with marketing colleagues to determine visual, branded needs using existing displays and creating new, as-needed; collaborate on materials including videos and collateral, swag and hospitality ideas.
- Capture leads during events and ensure a smooth hand-off to Demand Gen and Growth on the next steps.
- Create and tightly manage effective budget and project tracking tools and prepare and conduct post-event recaps to share ROI/metrics.
- Support marketing team when available on projects outside of events, including webinars, social media, communications and more.
What We're Looking For:
- Two+ years of experience in events marketing; B2B SaaS technology preferred
- Able to travel 20% to 30% of the time
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Passionate about events, marketing, startups and technology
- Experienced in research, planning and organizing industry and company events
- Sharp, quick, flexible and adaptable learner who is highly organized, conscientious and detail-focused with a process-oriented mindset
- Confident, friendly and thoughtful communicator
- Skilled at building relationships and trust across the organization
- Works well both independently and with a team
Who We Are:
Hi Marley has three core values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
- Max Courage - we encourage our team, our customers, and their customers to dream big, try new ideas and maximize impact by measuring risk.
- Be Humble – we lead with appreciation and promote a culture of humility, compassion and openness to learn from anyone, anywhere.
- Ubuntu “I am because we are” - we believe true success is much bigger than any single individual or company. By aligning our individual aims behind a shared purpose we can achieve our fullest potential, together.
Benefits and Perks:
On top of an exciting, supportive and intellectually curious workplace, we provide:
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it
- Competitive salary and generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- A fun, lively startup culture
- Core values-based leadership
- A culture of employee engagement, diversity and inclusion
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
Hi Marley is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive work environment representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, where all employees are encouraged to be their authentic selves.
Hi Marley participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, please review the documents under "E-Verify Poster" here: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/OnlineResources.aspx
Something looks off?