Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Gusto’s People team is growing and scaling with the company! As our business scales and becomes more complex, and as we add hundreds of new Gusties each year, we need to ensure that our compensation programs evolve and scale in a values-driven manner to attract, retain, and motivate Gusties.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and analytical Compensation Analyst to join our Compensation Team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for analyzing, developing, and implementing compensation programs and policies to ensure they are competitive, equitable, and align with Gusto’s goals and compliance requirements.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Assist in developing and maintaining Gusto’s compensation structures and philosophy to attract, engage, and retain top talent.
- Conduct regular market analyses to assess the competitiveness of Gusto’s compensation structures.
- Benchmark jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges and targets.
- Assist in the design and administration of incentive programs and pay-for-performance compensation programs.
- Analyze compensation data within the organization and provide reports to key stakeholders.
- Ensure compensation practices are in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Work closely with Gusto’s People Team and cross-functional stakeholders to align compensation with overall People Team strategies and business objectives.
- Communicate Gusto’s compensation policies and practices to employees and manager and address any compensation-related issues or queries.
- Participate in special projects and initiatives, as needed.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 2+ years of analyst experience within Compensation, HR, People Operations, or a related department, focused on people programs, including compensation strategy, benefits analysis, headcount planning, etc.
- Strong spreadsheet, data collection, and data visualization skills with experience inspecting, cleaning, transforming, and modeling data with the goal of discovering useful information to inform conclusions and support decision making.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local compensation and benefits laws, or foundational knowledge with the desire to learn and develop expertise
- Analytical thinker with high attention to detail.
- A strong background in Compensation and Mathematics, Finance, Statistics or Economics preferred.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $88,000 - $99,000 in San Francisco. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate location, experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. Employees who are based in those locations will be expected to work from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week (or more depending on role). The same office expectations apply to all Symmetry roles, Gusto's subsidiary, whose physical office is in Scottsdale.
Note: The San Francisco office expectations encompass both the San Francisco and San Jose metro areas.
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable, and consistent internet connection is required.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you require assistance in filling out a Gusto job application, please reach out to email@example.com.