Principal Product Manager, International Contractors
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to join our International Product team. We help small and midsize businesses (SMBs) to hire, pay, and take care of their teams regardless of their location in the world.
In this role, you’ll have meaningful ownership and impact on Gusto’s International product and business. The workplace has changed, and remote/international workers are now part of how small & medium businesses (SMBs) succeed. Gusto International is on a mission to enable SMBs to hire, pay, and take care of their entire team in one system, regardless of their location in the world.
Our team is responsible for the full stack of Gusto’s International product. This includes the front-end app experiences, and platform systems around hiring, paying and money movement, managing employee data, offboarding, and more. As a Principal Product Manager, you will be provided an opportunity to play a meaningful role in fulfilling Gusto’s mission and growing this business.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead product discovery to identify and deeply understand customer problems and then translate into jobs-to-be-done
- Build long-term vision for how Gusto invests in International Contractors for the long-term and business cases for expanding our International offerings and new teams
- Set goals and actionable strategy for your domain then translate it into a roadmap, milestones, and requirements collaboratively to drive alignment and excitement with your cross-functional partners and stakeholders, Engineering, Product, Design, and Data Science
- Assess existing and new FX payment providers for Gusto to use to ensure high reliability
- Oversee 0 to 1 product development for new International contractor products, run early pilots and define and implement the post-pilot software and service strategy to enable efficient and effective scaling
- Identify and leverage the latest technology innovations (e.g. generative AI) to address customer needs and elevate their experience
- Be an end to end owner of products and businesses responsible for adoption, customer experience, and cost to serve.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 7+ years of hands-on Product Management experience
- Experience working in a regulated domain and/or Fintech is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives and building 0 to 1 products
- Strong product discovery and analytical skills
- Exceptional cross functional collaborator and leader. You’re a great listener, and naturally bring the team and stakeholders along, yet you don’t hesitate to make hard decisions when needed. You push the pace, and people feel like they do their best work with you
- Ability to identify emerging opportunities and industry trends, build business cases, define product vision and strategy, and create a supporting roadmap that rapidly iterates into delivering on your vision.
- Entrepreneurial, driven, passionate about our mission, and have deep empathy for our customers.
- A proven track record of building products that customers love.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $158,000 to $188,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $192,000 to $228,000 in San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate location, experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. Employees who are based in those locations will be expected to work from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week (or more depending on role). The same office expectations apply to all Symmetry roles, Gusto's subsidiary, whose physical office is in Scottsdale.
Note: The San Francisco office expectations encompass both the San Francisco and San Jose metro areas.
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable, and consistent internet connection is required.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you require assistance in filling out a Gusto job application, please reach out to email@example.com.