Principal Product Manager, Gusto Pro (Scale My Firm)
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. All Gusto roles posted in these metro areas come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- San Francisco Office Metro: San Francisco-Oakland-Berkeley, CA & San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA Metropolitan Statistical Areas
- Denver Office Metro: Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area
- New York City Office Metro: New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA Metropolitan Statistical Area
Symmetry, Gusto’s subsidiary, has a physical office in Scottsdale. All Symmetry roles posted in this metro area come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- Scottsdale Office Metro: Phoenix-Mesa-Chandler, AZ Metropolitan Statistical Areas
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We’re looking for a Principal Product Manager to set and drive the product strategy around helping accounting firms scale on Gusto Pro, our product specifically built for Accountants. Accountants play a critical role within the Gusto ecosystem. They are one of our largest user groups, but also act as a one-to-many growth engine by referring their small business clients to use Gusto as their payroll provider, generating a substantial portion of our total revenue.
We have ambitious plans to become the most efficient and scalable platform for accountants to deliver payroll & HR services to their clients, and help millions of small businesses as a result. This role will lead an all-new mission of helping firms unlock scale on the Gusto platform: From getting set up to scale with an intuitive and efficient onboarding experience for their firm & clients…to finding new opportunities to grow their firm via client & service expansion. If you enjoy uncovering & solving big problems for small businesses, driving lean experimentation, building 0 to 1 product experiences, and identifying new ways to propel the growth of a referral-driven business model, we’d love to hear from you.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead product discovery to uncover/deeply understand customer problems and test risky assumptions
- Create a long-term vision and strategy that defines the big problems we can solve well with durable competitive advantage
- Run lean experiments and A/B tests to quickly prove out hypotheses and test new concepts, always looking for ways to get stronger signal on new ideas
- Partner closely with Engineering, Design, and Data Science on all stages of the product development process
- Collaborate closely with Revenue teams to co-create hypotheses and support a sales-driven growth engine
- Rapidly execute and iterate with an emphasis on user delight, impact, and learning. Regularly take risks and make calculated tradeoffs
- Define, measure, and improve key product and business metrics
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5-7 years of hands-on Product Management experience
- Proven track record of leading growth teams/initiatives and building 0 to 1 products
- Strong ability to define, run and measure clean A/B tests
- The intangibles: Natural curiosity, grit, customer obsession, and attention to detail
- Strong product discovery and analytics skills
- The ability to tell a compelling story that drives alignment and inspires action
- Strong collaboration skills; ability to quickly build trust with Revenue and Product teams
- A passion for helping small and medium size businesses
At Gusto, we strive to provide rewards that empower employees to achieve their financial and personal goals. We offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity based compensation (ownership in Gusto). To learn more about Gusto’s compensation philosophy and benefits offerings please view our Total Rewards Approach page.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $158,000/yr to $222,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $192,000/yr to $261,000/yr in San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.