Engineering Manager, Growth Acquisition - Mexico
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We’re hiring an Engineering Manager to lead one of our Growth Acquisition teams. This is a player/coach role where the person is the technical lead for the team actively participating in development, and supporting the team’s long-term growth. This includes making key architectural design decisions, some coding, providing code reviews, continuous feedback on the team’s implementations, and being responsible for the team’s project completion.
This person will lead the team working on challenging problems to improve our organic traffic to Gusto.com to bring more visitors to our site. The person and the team will work closely with Marketing and Growth engineering teams to achieve our aggressive goals for customer growth.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead, and grow technical talents of a team of diverse engineers such as through pairing, code reviews, and continuous technical feedback
- Lead technical changes to our web stack, think JAM stack, headless content management system, CDN
- Lead technical improvements to Gusto.com website’s performance, optimization, and SEO to bring more visitors and customer leads to it
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product Management, and Design teams to manage and lead cross-functional projects from initial planning and execution to QA and final delivery
- Collaborate with Marketing to build SEO content pages integrated with our content management system
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant hands-on web development experience
- 1 + year of engineering management experience
- Experience in empowering and nurturing technical teams and engineers
- Strong history of cross-functional collaboration with Design, Marketing and/or other non-technical teams.
- Experience working on search engine optimization including familiarity with optimizing web.dev metrics and lighthouse scores
- Experience in headless CMS, jamstack, modern frontend architecture.
- Well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism
- Passionate about creating inclusive, accessible experiences for everyone
- Familiar with emerging trends in frontend web application development, including the various approaches to styling, accessibility tooling (aXe, Lighthouse), and observability (RUM, Synthetic Testing)
- Bonus for experience working with Marketing team to drive visitor traffic growth to a website
- Bonus for experience with SEO tools like DeepCrawl, ScreamingFrog, GSC, SEO platforms (i.e. BrightEdge)
- Bonus for experience with audience targeting tools like Tealium, Intercom, etc.
- Bonus for having experience with Ruby on Rails
Learn more about the Growth Acquisition team:
Gusto is a people-platform that makes it easier for businesses to pay, insure, and support their teams. People are critical to our mission, so our user-experience needs to support them to support their teams. Gusto’s platform has grown an impressive amount over the years, but we haven’t had a team that could step back and design how those different product offerings should interoperate across a cohesive people platform.
The Growth Acquisition team works on projects, and with experimentation to drive new visitors to Gusto.com. Our goal is to attract new customers to sign up for Gusto’s suite of features for small business owners. The team works closely with Marketing on both campaigns, and SEO improvements to make this visitor traffic Growth come to life.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Something looks off?