Accounting Specialist - Symmetry
Symmetry Software is now part of Gusto. Symmetry is the payroll infrastructure for software & payroll platforms powering the paychecks of over 64 million workers each year. Our fully integrated suite of payroll tax APIs and software tools allows companies to solve tax compliance issues and build applications across the entirety of the payroll process.
As the Accounting Specialist, this role’s primary responsibility will be the execution of the Quote-to-Cash cycle for all Symmetry’s customers. This includes annual customer billing, customer inquiry and collections efforts, cash applications, and account reconciliations. This role will also be responsible for accounts payable transactions which include employee expense reimbursements and keeping accurate records for corporate credit card payments.
As a member of Symmetry’s accounting team, reporting to the Controller, you will have direct impact on Symmetry’s ability to deliver our payroll tax tools in pursuit of our vision to touch every American paycheck with accurate withholding and will be a part of the team driving Symmetry’s growth.
- Prepare and process monthly billings to ensure customer invoices are accurate, consistent with contractual requirements, and issued on a timely basis
- Research and resolve billing, credit and accounts receivable issues
- Maintain master schedule of recurring billings with the highest level of accuracy
- Calculate CPI and other annual increases and apply those rates to renewal invoices
- Process client billings according to sales contracts
- Obtain purchase orders, where necessary, and ensure invoices have been properly distributed to customer payment platforms
- Contact slow-paying customers via mail and telephone to collect past due balances and manage to a healthy A/R aging
- Apply customer ACH and credit card payments to outstanding invoices
- Provide feedback, insights, and best practices to help improve the billing & collection process
- Interface with internal customer service and support organizations on customer inquiries
- Ensure appropriate controls are established and maintained for vendor set-up
- Initiate vendor payment approval process
- Ensure employee out-of-pocket expenses are reimbursed appropriately
- Enter corporate credit card charges in the general ledger and reconcile related accounts
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and miscellaneous tasks
- Understand the quote to cash process for initial sales and related annual renewals
- Demonstrate a passion and appreciation for detailed records, researching data, and taking the initiative to validate data and make recommendations based on findings
- 2+ years of experience within a SaaS organization with an emphasis on billing and renewals
- Organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
- Desire and ability to be innovative and build scalable processes
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, and a commitment to customer service
- NetSuite experience preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance or commensurate years of experience
- Ability to adapt to change and learn new technology as we improve processes and grow
- Enthusiastic and energetic individual with a strong work ethic
- Team oriented with willingness to work effectively with others to resolve issues
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $77,000/yr to $96,000/yr in Scottsdale. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate location, experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home with us.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Our company considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Something looks off?