Mac IT Service Desk Specialist
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About The Role
The IT Service Desk Specialist at G2 is responsible for being the primary contact for technology requests, troubleshooting, and issue resolution, as well as administering the company's mobile device management platform to ensure compliance with security guidelines. This role involves coordinating hardware repairs, managing software configurations, and supporting various IT projects and events.
This is a Hybrid position: 2 days a week are required to be in-person at our downtown Chicago HQ.
In This Role, You Will:
- Provide first-line response for users requiring assistance with IT issues and accurately document the details of their requests.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues for macOS and iOS environments.
- Administer and support various SaaS solutions including Bettercloud, G Suite, JAMF, Kandji, Office 365, Okta, and Zoom
- Maintain a working knowledge of networking principles, including LAN/WAN and WLAN systems.
- Assist in resolving networking and connectivity issues.
- Create documentation as needed for end-users and team
- Work collaboratively with the IT team and other departments to support IT projects and events.
- Pursue technical certifications (e.g., A+, Network+, ITIL foundations) as needed.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 1-3 years of IT experience
- Mac MDM experience required
- Can commit to 2 days/week in-person Chicago Office
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work under pressure
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Self-governing and proactive in addressing IT-related issues
What Can Help Your Application Stand Out:
- Technical certifications (ex. A+, Network+), ITIL foundations certification
- Kandji MDM experience
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.
For job applicants in California, the United Kingdom, and the European Union, please review this applicant privacy notice before applying to this job.