Employee Success Business Partner
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About The Role
The Employee Success Business Partner is responsible for building talent density and supporting organizational success of the Product team. This role will partner with senior leadership, managers and colleagues to build a collaborative and performance-driven culture. G2 is headquartered in Chicago - there is a strong preference to candidates based in Chicago, IL.
In This Role, You Will:
Relationship Building & Strategic HR Partnership
- Be a thought partner and advisor to the team leadership (Directors and above), providing data driven guidance on people-driven policies and practicesBuild trust and credibility throughout the organization by connecting teams to resources (including our Employee Success COEs) that drives the business forward.
- Manage complex employee relations issues including investigations, disciplinary actions.
- Think multiple steps ahead; prepare for potential problems and know when to escalate.
Support Organizational Transformation Initiatives
- Coach and guide managers on performance management, team changes and restructuring to increase talent density and productivity while achieving business objectives.
- Consult with and support managers on implementing changes, such as: role changes, merit planning, onboarding and offboarding.
- Effectively engage the Employee Success CoEs to manage and provide guidance to leaders on people and culture initiatives, including partnering with the Employee Experience team on leader action planning following engagement surveys.
Support People Operations globally and ensure compliance with local/country guidelines
- Provide oversight and ensure compliance for all workforce requirements
- Respond to employee questions and inquiries related to benefits, compensation,
- Proactively improve, implement and automate People processes to achieve scale in our rapidly-growing organization and an efficient self-service experience for employees
- Serve as a participant, collaborator and sometimes leader with projects, initiatives and programs with the Global Employee Success Team including but not limited to annual handbook review, salary review/analysis, performance reviews, etc.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 5+ years of HR expertise with increasing responsibility; knowledge and experience in performance management and employee relations is essential.
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization and build collaborative relationships
- Naturally curious problem solver, well-organized, and a strong communicator
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion to question status quo and drive continuous improvement
- Proven ability to handle confidential information
- Knowledge of HR laws, regulations and best practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment (involving diverse cultures and different geographies) with high volume workload and strong deliverables
- Proven success to lead a team of high performing HR/People Operations teams
What Can Help Your Application Stand Out:
- International experience across continents and cultures strongly preferred, specifically experience working with teams based in India
- Prior experience in a start up or high growth company.
- Proficient with G Suite and Google platform (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sheets), ZenDesk and HRIS systems.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.
For job applicants in California, the United Kingdom, and the European Union, please review this applicant privacy notice before applying to this job.