Editorial Content Specialist
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, insurance and etc . Click here to learn more about our benefits.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About The Role
G2 is looking for a the Editorial Content Specialist is responsible for supporting G2’s media strategy: creating and promoting high-quality thought leadership content on SaaS news and trends via a variety of content platforms and content types to increase G2’s readership. The Editorial Content Specialist is a creative problem solver who is passionate about building a loyal, engaged readership through compelling storytelling. This individual loves keeping up with content trends on a variety of social platforms, follows tech industry news, can juggle multiple deadlines at once, and isn’t afraid to experiment with new content types. The Editorial Content Specialist will be responsible for supporting a content calendar, writing blogs, promoting and repurposing content, and pitching new distribution ideas. Creativity, time management, experience with a variety of social platforms, and strong writing skills are a must for this position.
In This Role, You Will:
Promotion & distribution:
- Create engaging social media posts on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other platforms and track engagement metrics
- Help source a pipeline of external contributors by conducting outreach to potential contributors and maintaining current relationships
- Curate G2’s blog home page to showcase content that supports our engagement goals
- Repurpose each thought leadership article into smaller bite-sized pieces, creating the copywriting and visuals to accompany each
- Research and write thought leadership content as well as news content, following G2 editorial guidelines and AP style
- Support newsletter copywriting when needed, matching the G2 Tea newsletter tone and supporting metrics like open rate, subscription growth, and CTR
- Experiment regularly with video content and video editing
Innovate & grow:
- Pitch promotion ideas based on upcoming content calendar plans, news events, unique G2 data, and/or company strategy
- Engage in competitive analysis of similar publications, and communicate strategic opportunities to your manager that can be explored
- Experiment with different ways to engage the G2 audience, such as different content types, new content platforms, community tactics, and more
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 2+ years of experience pitching story ideas, setting up interviews, conducting interviews, and creating journalistic content. Experience writing SaaS-related content a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of AP style, grammar, spelling, and syntax
- Connections to notable thought leaders in the B2B SaaS space a plus
- 4+ writing samples that demonstrate experience in the above. At least 2 samples on technical topics. 1 sample of a social or video campaign a plus
- Ability to manage and meet tight deadlines from multiple stakeholders
- Strong upward and peer communication skills, and the ability to communicate with important stakeholders about content strategy
- Strong writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of the Learn Hub
- Experience using email marketing systems, Iterable preferred
- Experience using content management systems, HubSpot preferred, to publish content
- Experience using content performance software, such as Semrush, Ahrefs, Google Search Console, etc. a plus
- Pay-per-click advertising experience a plus
- Graphic design knowledge or video editing experience a plus
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.