Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About The Role
G2 is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Test Automation Engineer who is excited to join our Product R&D team in India, which is execution-oriented, fast moving, and implementing software using cutting edge architectural components. The individual will be responsible for ensuring the quality and reliability of our SAAS products are of the highest quality before they are released to our customers.
In This Role, You Will:
- Be responsible for the end-to-end quality of the Track Product.
- Design and develop the front- and back-end automation framework.
- Test back-end APIs and front-end applications using a variety of testing methodologies, for example: black box, functional, integration, smoke, etc.
- Review peer code and mentor other SDETs on the team as it grows.
- Monitor the logs to debug production issues and help in Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Set-up CI/CD tools; building, compiling, and publishing automation reports and metrics; and partnering with the DevOps team.
- An Ideal candidate will have between 3 and 6 years of experience testing large-scale systems and/or big data products, both manually and with automation.
- Proven experience documenting test scenarios, mentoring, and reviewing code.
- Experience working on automation scripts, OOP concepts, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in web service automation using Rest Assured framework, Hybrid framework, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in Selenium and similar tools, Cucumber or similar frameworks, and applications like BrowserStack and LambdaTest.
- Knowledge of Databases (DML & DDL) Commands, Aggregate Commands, Joins.
- Strong in RCA and debugging Skills.
What Can Help Your Application Stand Out:
- Hands-on experience with setting up test automation framework(s) from scratch.
- Practical knowledge and experience in using design patterns in automation.
- Performance testing experience is a huge plus.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.