Customer Support Specialist
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, Insurance, parental leave etc. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here.
About The Role
G2 Customer Support is a team dedicated to helping vendors get the resources they need to be successful. The team works to support vendors by advising, educating, and solving problems quickly and thoughtfully; playing an important role in building customer trust and loyalty.
As a Customer Support Specialist, your responsibilities are to help solve as many customer issues as possible. Your goal is to ensure that requestors have a positive experience and are satisfied with the G2 products, services, or freemium features they have access to.
Through case, email, and chat support you will assist vendors with product features, provide information about our products and services, address concerns or issues, resolve problems, or triage issues when necessary.
In this role, you will:
- Work directly with vendors and reps via case, email, and chat on issues or requests that can be resolved on first contact- usually within 30 minutes or less.
- Respond to customer inquiries and requests that can include: troubleshooting, product updates, and resolving service issues.
- Swarm with peers to solve cases quickly and thoughtfully, maintaining high SLA and CSAT levels.
- Triage complex requests and route cases to subject matter experts or product support- teams
- Support G2’s global customer base by working with B2B markets in NAMER/APAC/EMEA.
- Understand and address the customers perception of their support experience and maintain a excellent CSAT
- Partner with Sales, Research & Product, and CS counterparts to help our customers obtain results faster.
- 3+ years of direct customer support experience. In SaaS or similar product or services based markets preferred
- SaaS experience preferred
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and follow-up skills to ensure completion of a task
- Ability to multitask and handle matters with no supervision and with excellent follow up
- A creative problem solver who is energized and passionate about making customers happy and successful
- Strong attention to detail and time management.
- Able to clearly explain complex information and technical terms in a simplified manner
- Patient, helpful, friendly, and pleasant demeanor/personality. Able to teach and share knowledge effectively.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with customer support software
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status.
Learn more about our commitments here Commitments