About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About The Role
G2 is looking for an organized, and dependable person who is passionate about data privacy. The Privacy Analyst will be instrumental in driving our data privacy efforts, ensuring G2 compliance with global privacy regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, LGPD, and other relevant laws. They will collaborate closely with various internal teams to provide insights, guidance, and oversight related to data privacy best practices. The ideal candidate is excited about joining a fast paced, industry leading company to support privacy. We are looking for a self-motivated professional who will help build out G2’s information security and privacy initiatives!
This is a Hybrid position: 1-2 days a week are required to be in-person at our downtown Chicago HQ.
In This Role, You Will:
- Analyze and monitor our services and operations to ensure compliance with GDPR, CCPA, and other global data privacy regulations.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and ongoing management of data protection policies and procedures.
- Conduct privacy impact assessments, risk analyses, and periodic reviews to identify potential areas of vulnerability.
- Collaborate with the training department to develop and deliver data privacy training materials for staff.
- Participate in the investigation and resolution of data privacy incidents, ensuring timely reporting and mitigation.
- Assess and monitor third-party vendors for compliance with data privacy standards.
- Engage with product, engineering, marketing, and other departments to ensure data privacy considerations are integrated into project planning and day-to-day operations.
- Continuously update knowledge on privacy regulations and best practices, ensuring the company remains ahead of potential challenges.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Law, Information Security, Computer Science) or related work experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in a privacy-related role with a focus on GDPR, CCPA, and other global privacy regulations.
- Certification from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) such as CIPP, CIPM, or CIPT is preferred.
- Familiarity with SaaS platforms, data processing activities, and the technological implications of data privacy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Strong analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
What Can Help Your Application Stand Out:
- Other certifications such as. CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc are a big plus.
- Worked with privacy tools like; Osano, Mine, DataGrail, Onetrust, etc before
- Familiarity with compliance frameworks like CSA, ISO270001, and SOC2.
- Experience in other technical or non technical areas (business administration, legal, product management, project management,software development,, etc)
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.
For job applicants in California, the United Kingdom, and the European Union, please review this applicant privacy notice before applying to this job.