About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, insurance and etc . Click here to learn more about our benefits.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About The Role
G2 is looking for a content editor who would be responsible for ensuring the quality of the team’s content and helping elevate the team’s writing style. They will assist with other projects within content marketing, market research, and across cross-functional teams. They will help build quality content on the Learning and Research Hub, through the internal peer review process and through sourcing external guest writers. The content editor is a fierce advocate for AP style, CMOS style, grammar, the G2 brand, and G2’s editorial standards. They are deadline-driven and collaborative, coaching team members and providing suggestions to leadership on how to improve editorial processes.
In This Role, You Will:
- Edits content and research on the Learning and Research Hub. Content types include, but are not limited to, blogs, research reports, technical documentation, long-form content, and newsletters.
- Follows established G2 editorial, brand, and SEO guidelines, and makes suggestions for improvements
- Stages blog posts in the CMS (HubSpot)
Collaboration & communication
- Builds strong, collaborative relationships with both internal and external audiences
- Manages several different projects but relies on supervisor for prioritization and review of work
- Participates in peer review process at intermediate speed/skill levels
- Can perform with medium autonomy - operates fairly independently but relies on leadership for goal-setting and assignments
Innovation & growth
- Tracks personal and team analytics and is goal-oriented
- Identifies process improvements and presents solutions
- Volunteers for projects regularly
- Capable of writing a Learning Hub article if needed; may write articles for external sources
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Typically, 1-2 years of content editing experience, fully competent
- Intermediate understanding of general content marketing and SEO practices and concepts
- An authoritative source on AP style, CMOS style, grammar, spelling, and syntax
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail while managing multiple competing priorities
What Can Help Your Application Stand Out:
- Proficient in different tools (Asana, Hubspot, Ahrefs, Google Sheets, Canva, etc.)
- Intermediate understanding of G2 Learn content, G2 categories, SoV
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.