User Support Specialist
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2’s real-time and unbiased user reviews help you objectively assess what is best for your business. Until recently, selecting business solutions was hard, risky, and inherently biased. G2 empowers business buying decisions by highlighting the voice of the customer. Our review platform leverages more than 1,100,000 independent and authenticated user reviews read by nearly one million buyers each month. Our model brings transparency to B2B buying - changing the way decisions are made.
About The Role
G2 is looking for a motivated, creative Community Support Specialist to jump in and contribute to the User Lifecycle team, which manages user acquisition, engagement, retention, and support, and the quantity and quality of user-generated content (UGC). You will work directly with our users to guarantee a smooth experience on G2, support new UGC types like video reviews, and provide general support through our help desk tool. Members of the User Lifecycle team work together and with other teams in the company, including product, marketing, and sales, to ensure we have the largest and most trusted collection of users and UGC.
In This Role, You Will:
- Provide resolutions to users with our help desk tool, third-party review sites, and social channels; support team adherence to service-level agreements
- Support team members and customers in video review gathering, production, and delivery of video assets
- Contribute to our charitable review-generation program, G2 Gives, and work with partners to launch new campaigns and deliver donations
- Capture, analyze, and share user feedback, common issues, and other insights with your team to guide improvements
- Work with team members across User Lifecycle to achieve team goals
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 2-3 years of experience in web-based customer service, community/user support, or a related role
- Problem-solving and technical troubleshooting skills
- Project management and cross-functional skills
- Proactive self-starter
- Can balance working with local and global team members
- Experience in software, tech, or user-generated content (ideal, not required)
- Bachelor's degree
What Can Help Your Application Stand Out:
- Previous experience working with Zendesk/Freshdesk or related support platform
- Previous experience working with Salesforce Service Cloud
- Previous experience working with Google doc, Google sheets, Ms Excel
- Prior knowledge of Vidyard and Videoask (ideal, not required)
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.