Senior Software Engineer, Data
We're looking for a pragmatic, senior engineer with significant experience building Data Engineering Pipelines and supporting Data Infrastructure systems.
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help physicians save time so they can provide better care for patients. We provide doctors modern communication, workflow, and continuing education tools. Over two million healthcare professionals (including over 80% of U.S. doctors) rely on our products.
Our goal is to improve inefficiencies in our $4 trillion U.S. healthcare system, and we love building innovative technology that has a real, meaningful impact on physicians’ and patients’ lives. Check out our technology stack and read our blog.
We are open to hiring someone in North, Central, or South America.
- Expert in Python and SQL. You have developed maintainable data pipelines with them.
- Foremost an engineer. You exemplify high code quality and guide others.
- Good engineering tools. You are experienced in creating automated testing, applying design patterns, and other engineering best practices.
- See a project from end-to-end. You have led several projects, your own ideas and other's. This means from idea generation to planning, execution, through delivering.
- You see your teammates as your first “customer”. You strive for clarity and simplicity in your approach to engineering and communication.
Example of how you'll make and impact
- Help us migrate from EMR/Spark to Snowpark.
- Migrate pipelines from self-managed EC2 to Kubernetes runtime environments.
- Collaborate with product managers, data analysts, and machine learning engineers to develop pipelines and ETL tasks in order to facilitate the extraction of insights.
- Establish data architecture processes and practices that can be scheduled, automated, replicated and serve as standards for other teams to leverage.
- Develop data pipelines and dashboards from data platform metadata to assist with visualization and analysis of the data platform health and its costs.
- Find inefficient, wasteful, or redundant processes, pipelines, & queries used on the data platform and seek to address their shortcomings.
- Develop tools to empower product focused data teams to develop pipelines efficiently.
The US total compensation range for this full-time position is $175,000 - $220,000 (inclusive of salary + equity). Our ranges are determined by role and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the approximate total target compensation for the position across the US. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including relevant skills, experience, and education/training. Please note that the compensation listed does not include benefits.
More on /Benefits/Perks
Doximity is proud to offer industry-leading benefits to our full time employees. Some of our offerings include:
- Medical, dental, vision offerings for you and your family
- 401k with matching program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Family planning support, Childcare FSA, and parental leave
- Life, AD&D, and Disability
- Generous time off, holidays and paid company trips
- Wellness benefits…plus many more!
More About Doximity…
For the past decade, it’s been our mission to help every physician be more productive so they can provide better care for their patients. We believe that when doctors are connected, the healthcare system works better and patients benefit. Doximity enables our verified clinician members to collaborate with colleagues, stay up-to-date with the latest medical news and research, manage their careers, and conduct virtual patient visits. Today, Doximity is the leading digital platform for U.S. medical professionals, with over 80% of physicians, 50% of all nurse practitioners and physician assistants, and 90% of graduating medical students as members.
Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team passionate about improving inefficiencies in our $4.3 trillion U.S. healthcare system. We are a team of doers who solve problems everyday by treating obstacles like an adventure, and we love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. Doxers are committed to working towards a more equitable world both within and beyond our office walls. This starts by fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment where differences are valued and all employees are encouraged to bring their full, authentic selves to work daily. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact—join us! For more information, visit Doximity.com.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.