Senior Platform Engineer
Crunchbase helps over 75 million people around the world connect with the companies and people that matter. Powered by best-in-class proprietary data, Crunchbase is democratizing access to opportunities so salespeople, entrepreneurs, investors, job seekers, and others can accelerate innovation for a better future. We’re proud to build intelligent products that shape how companies and people connect and enable them to communicate in a more meaningful way.
We are committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Crunchbase has a remote-first approach, and is open to hiring in residents of these states:
California, Colorado, Illinois, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Wyoming
Our inclusive remote-first culture, generous PTO policies, competitive pay, and employee wellness benefits set us apart!
Platform Engineering at Crunchbase
The APIs and Distributed Systems built by our engineers ensure we have a scalable, real-time platform capable of serving Crunchbase data to our users, products, customers, and partners. Our brand is our dataset, but building out a solid and rich user experience and ergonomic mechanisms for accessing that data requires building many pieces of associated tooling, documentation, and libraries.
What You’ll Do:
- Build systems capable of serving as the brains of complex distributed products
- Make important engineering decisions that balance numerous non-engineering factors with technical considerations
- Think in microservices and APIs - develop and expand our ecosystem of composable, reusable, isolated, single-purpose services
- Create highly testable and rock-solid service implementations
- Continuously measure and optimize the performance, effectiveness, and uptime of backend services -- participate in a data-driven culture
- Thrive in a constantly evolving environment, continuously working to adapt our process to new circumstances driving our culture of mentorship
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of experience with strongly-typed, object-oriented languages, such as Scala, Java, C#, or Kotlin
- History of leading projects with a demonstration of domain expertise
- Exhibits technical judgment while building applications with functional architectures
- Practical understanding of computer science and software engineering fundamentals
- Motivation to participate in ongoing learning and growth through pair programming, code reviews, application of new technologies, and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with our tools (Scala, Postgres, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus, but not required -- if you know something better, we may use that instead!
What Crunchbase Offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first policy
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Monthly fitness / mental health reimbursement
- 14 weeks of fully-paid time off for new parents
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly internet stipend
- Work from home allowance to purchase furniture for your work from home space
- Annual carbon offset
- Matching charity contributions for our Townhall awards
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission