Corporate Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, February 18, 2021
Convex is on a mission to serve as the most important partner to commercial services businesses. We accelerate revenue growth by empowering go-to-market teams to better plan, target, and engage opportunities. Through the Commercial Services Platform for Revenue Acceleration, Convex arms businesses with a powerful combination of data, insights, and applications to plan with property intelligence, prioritize market opportunities, and credibly connect with decision makers. We give our partners a competitive edge from the start of their sales process.
Based in San Francisco, we have raised over $70M from investors including Fifth Wall, Emergence Capital, GGV, 1984 Ventures, UP2398, Liquid2 (Joe Montana), YCombinator, the founders of PlanGrid, Dragoneer, Service Max, and others.
At Convex, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us!
About the Role
As one of our Account Executives, you’ll fill a key role in acquiring new customers to Convex. You will be responsible for developing and delivering a stable book of business: prospecting, cultivating and closing new accounts. You will maximize revenue while producing value for prospective clients across the country.
- Exceed revenue goals including managing prospects from lead to close
- Clearly articulate and demonstrate our value proposition, creating excitement and enthusiasm among prospects
- Cultivate lasting relationships with prospects at all levels of their organization
- Engage and educate senior executives on the importance of building pipeline with Convex
- Conceive and pitch creative solutions that match individual business needs including demo, business case, and proof of concept
- Report and forecast sales activity - from prospecting target accounts and contacts to closing deals and growing existing relationships
- 2 + years in successful, consultative, provocative, SaaS sales career
- Primary success & experience with sales of an "advanced" SaaS platform (annual commitments)
- Sold to upper levels in an organization
- Sold to and works directly with decision makers
- Sold in cooperative, team model - with primary role as quarterback
- Success in an intense, competitive selling environment
- Small/midsize Company/Startup/Entrepreneurial background
- Exceptional sales fundamentals (prospecting)
- Properly executes required sales administration task
- Adopted a "sales philosophy" or "sales methodology", as a seasoned sales professional
- Outstanding orientation towards value-based approach to deal closure
- An orientation to a funnel-based, metric approach to sales
- Outstanding interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Outstanding listening and communication (verbal & written) skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- Sold to sales or marketing departments
- Sold to any Commercial Services-related vertical
- An active member of a sales community (LinkedIn, etc.)
- Located in the US Northeast
Convex’s benefits include but are not limited to:
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Company-wide Holidays and Soft Days
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance for you and your dependents
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Accounts
- Remote-friendly and Hybrid Work Environment
- Work From Home Stipend
At Convex (YC W19), we’re building the leading B2B full-stack software platform for the $400bn+ commercial services market. It's a 100-year-old industry impacting millions of people every day. We already work with some of the largest enterprise companies in the sector and were one of the fastest growing companies in the Winter 2019 YC batch.
Convex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.