Director of Sales
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA · Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Convex is on a mission to serve as the most important partner to commercial services businesses. We accelerate revenue growth by empowering go-to-market teams to better plan, target, and engage opportunities. Through the Commercial Services Platform for Revenue Acceleration, Convex arms businesses with a powerful combination of data, insights, and applications to plan with property intelligence, prioritize market opportunities, and credibly connect with decision makers. We give our partners a competitive edge from the start of their sales process.
Based in San Francisco, we have raised over $70M from investors including Fifth Wall, Emergence Capital, GGV, 1984 Ventures, UP2398, Liquid2 (Joe Montana), YCombinator, the founders of PlanGrid, Dragoneer, Service Max, and others.
At Convex, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us!
About the Role
As a Director of Sales, you’ll fill a key role in guiding and building our sales organization.
You will work closely with our Account Executives to identify, qualify, and win more business. This will include understanding each prospect's business and requirements to ensure the successful execution of our sales process. Beyond revenue overachievement, the ability to work cross functionally with business development, marketing, customer success and product will play an important role in the overall success of this role.
This is an opportunity to bring leadership, coaching, and selling acumen to Convex. We are looking for you to bring a high level of expertise, curiosity, and focus.
- Exceed revenue goals
- Set and execute a strategy to grow sales opportunities
- Accurately forecast quarterly, and annual revenue targets
- Coach and performance-manage a world-class sales team
- Support your team throughout sales cycles - especially during complex negotiations
- Recruit, hire, and train new members
- Identify opportunities and develop strategies to improve the process, efficiency, and productivity across the commercial sales organization.
- Work closely with the business development organization to generate pipeline
- Partner with other parts of the organization (marketing, customer success, product, engineering) to execute strategic initiatives
- 8+ years of experience in B2B SaaS sales required
- 4+ years of experience managing a sales team
- Consistent track record of over exceeding attainment
- Demonstrated experience leading a sales team through transaction and complex sales cycles
- Proven track record of scaling sales teams
- Proven track record and experience in increasing efficiency and productivity across a growing sales org
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced in selling transformation/visionary solutions, especially where there isn't an obvious budget (demand creation vs. fulfillment)
- Prior experience in a technology startup
Convex’s benefits include but are not limited to:
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Company-wide Holidays and Soft Days
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance for you and your dependents
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Accounts
- Remote-friendly and Hybrid Work Environment
- Work From Home Stipend
At Convex (YC W19), we’re building the leading B2B full-stack software platform for the $400bn+ commercial services market. It's a 100-year-old industry impacting millions of people every day. We already work with some of the largest enterprise companies in the sector and were one of the fastest growing companies in the Winter 2019 YC batch.
Convex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.