Software Engineer III
At ZoomInfo, we encourage creativity, value innovation, demand teamwork, expect accountability and cherish results. We value your take charge, take initiative, get stuff done attitude and will help you unlock your growth potential. One great choice can change everything. Thrive with us at ZoomInfo.
About the position
We are seeking a Software Engineer III who will participate in the development of ZoomInfo’s Data Platform. The ideal candidate is an excellent software engineer who has contributed to development of data pipelines or platforms. You will use your excellent problem-solving skills and knowledge of very large scales to plan, execute, and deliver key components and features. You’ll work within a high-performing and collaborative team, and will bring in fresh ideas and to help us shepherd the direction of our platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, build and operate highly scalable and flexible systems that can manage and process billions of records a day and support complex and diversified data pipelines
- Leverage cloud computing architectures to support development needs
- Track and identify relevant new technologies in the market and push their implementation into our pipelines through research and prototyping
- Develop processes and tools to monitor, analyze, maintain and improve data operation, performance and usability
- Work closely with Engineering Leaders, Architects, and Product Managers to understand business requirements and provide technical solutions within larger roadmap
- Work closely with Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, and Domain Experts to understand their needs for the data platform
- Find the right balance between perfection and getting the job done
Why you’ll love working here:
- Solve interesting and challenging problems alongside a great team of engineers
- Develop new skills as you push your knowledge, and our technology, to new levels
- Work for a profitable, growing company with an impressive Fortune 500 client list
What we hope you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience in data platform / big data software, with a proven track record of delivering highly scalable and efficient solutions
- Substantial experience with Java 8+ (preferred), Scala, or Python
- Experience with streaming / data processing technologies such as Beam, Spark, Kafka, Airflow, HBase, Presto
- Experience building software in a cloud-native environment (GCP or AWS) using cloud services such as GCS/S3, Dataflow/Glue, Dataproc/EMR, Cloud Function/Lambda, BigQuery/Athena, BigTable/Dynamo
- Understanding of software engineering principles and working with data at scale
- Familiarity designing CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins, Github Actions, or similar tools
- Experience with SQL, particularly performance optimization
- Experience with Graph and Vector database or processing frameworks is a bonus
- Experience with Kubernetes using GKE/EKS is a bonus
- Experience working in and promoting a diverse work environment
The US base salary range for this position is $120,000.00 to $160,000.00 + equity + bonus + benefits.
Actual compensation offered will be based on factors such as the candidate’s work location, qualifications, skills, experience and/or training. Your recruiter can share more information about the specific salary range for your desired work location during the hiring process.
We want our employees and their families to thrive. In addition to comprehensive benefits we offer holistic mind, body and lifestyle programs designed for overall well-being. Learn more about ZoomInfo benefits here.
ZoomInfo (NASDAQ: ZI) is the trusted go-to-market platform for businesses to find, acquire, and grow their customers. It delivers accurate, real-time data, insights, and technology to more than 35,000 companies worldwide. Businesses use ZoomInfo to increase efficiency, consolidate technology stacks, and align their sales and marketing teams — all in one platform.
ZoomInfo may use a software-based assessment as part of the recruitment process. More information about this tool, including the results of the most recent bias audit, is available here.
ZoomInfo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability status, religion, protected military or veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law. At ZoomInfo, we also consider qualified candidates with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.