Software Engineer III
At ZoomInfo, we encourage creativity, value innovation, demand teamwork, expect accountability and cherish results. We value your take charge, take initiative, get stuff done attitude and will help you unlock your growth potential. One great choice can change everything. Thrive with us at ZoomInfo.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Software Development Engineer III to join our dynamic team. As a key member of our Data Engineering Department, you will play a crucial role in designing, implementing, and maintaining robust and scalable software solutions. The ideal candidate should possess a deep proficiency in Java, Kubernetes, and Spark, showcasing a strong foundation in software development and system architecture. As a pivotal member of our team, you will be responsible for supporting an API framework, leveraging your skills to enhance and optimize its functionality. Moreover, your experience with streaming data ETLs will be crucial as you contribute to the design and implementation of robust, scalable, and efficient solutions. Additional experience with orchestration and workflow processes and hands-on experience with Apache Airflow will be beneficial. If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology and thrive in a collaborative and innovative environment, we invite you to apply and be an integral part of our growing team.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Taking ownership of the design and architecture of data collection processes.
- Designing and building robust ETLs to manipulate data within data lake or data warehouse frameworks.
- Supporting dynamic frameworks for streaming data acquisition at scale.
- Pioneering the development of innovative automation processes to enhance departmental efficiency and data delivery methods.
- Continuously evaluate emerging technologies and provide recommendations for enhancing our data ecosystem.
- Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to conceptualize and implement impactful solutions to address departmental and business challenges.
- Executing tasks utilizing cloud computing resources, scripting, and object-oriented programming techniques.
- Offering support to end users and team members on code-related queries and issues.
- Establishing and maintaining comprehensive documentation, logging practices, and functional repositories for the benefit of business end users and fellow data analysts.
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Data Analytics, or a related research-oriented field is preferred, coupled with 3-5 years of hands-on experience in data engineering. Alternatively, an equivalent combination of education and practical expertise will be considered.
- Possesses expertise in workflow orchestration, with a preference for Airflow.
- Recognized as an expert in cloud transformations, demonstrating mastery in Spark and Dataflow technologies.
- Demonstrates advanced exposure to cloud-based and containerized architecture, including platforms like S3, delta lakes, BigQuery, GCS, and Kubernetes, showcasing a comprehensive understanding of deploying and managing applications in dynamic and scalable container orchestration environments.
- Proven experience with AWS Glue, showcasing adeptness in building and managing ETL workflows, and expertise in Amazon Kinesis for real-time data streaming.
- Advanced proficiency in Spark, with optional expertise in Scala, demonstrating the ability to design and implement efficient data processing workflows and analytics solutions within distributed computing environments.
- Proven experience in architecting software solutions through collaboration with development, data warehousing, and business intelligence teams.
- Effective communication skills, enabling seamless interaction with stakeholders at all organizational levels, coupled with a commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
- Availability for on-call and/or after-hours support, as required.
- Proficiency in version control systems, such as Git/Github, ensuring comfort and adeptness in collaborative software development practices.
The US base salary range for this position is $135,800.00 - $165,000.00 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Actual compensation offered will be based on factors such as the candidate’s work location, qualifications, skills, experience and/or training. Your recruiter can share more information about the specific salary range for your desired work location during the hiring process.
We want our employees and their families to thrive. In addition to comprehensive benefits we offer holistic mind, body and lifestyle programs designed for overall well-being. Learn more about ZoomInfo benefits here.
ZoomInfo (NASDAQ: ZI) is the trusted go-to-market platform for businesses to find, acquire, and grow their customers. It delivers accurate, real-time data, insights, and technology to more than 35,000 companies worldwide. Businesses use ZoomInfo to increase efficiency, consolidate technology stacks, and align their sales and marketing teams — all in one platform.
ZoomInfo may use a software-based assessment as part of the recruitment process. More information about this tool, including the results of the most recent bias audit, is available here.
ZoomInfo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability status, religion, protected military or veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law. At ZoomInfo, we also consider qualified candidates with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.