Counsel, Labor and Employment
At ZoomInfo, we encourage creativity, value innovation, demand teamwork, expect accountability and cherish results. We value your take charge, take initiative, get stuff done attitude and will help you unlock your growth potential. One great choice can change everything. Thrive with us at ZoomInfo.
ZoomInfo is looking to hire an experienced Counsel, Labor and Employment to contribute to our growing in-house legal team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
The Counsel, Labor and Employment will be based in our Vancouver, WA or Waltham, MA office and will be responsible for providing practical advice and counseling regarding general labor and employment law for our U.S. teams, as well as teams based in the United Kingdom, Israel, India, Canada, and Australia.
- Monitor the company’s compliance with the employment laws and regulations that apply to ZoomInfo’s global in-office and remote workforce;
- Review, update, and maintain employment policies, procedures, handbooks, and agreements;
- Advise legal and business stakeholders on new and pending federal and state legislation, rules and regulations, and industry developments in employment law;
- Recommend and assist with implementation of employment law related training;
- Provide advice and counsel in corporate transactions involving the acquisition or discharge of employees;
- Support the Human Resources team in implementing effective strategies for performance management, employee discipline, and termination;
- Assist with employment litigation and administrative proceedings;
- Supervise outside counsel on matters as appropriate;
- Assist with special projects and other job-related duties as assigned.
This position will work closely with internal clients on the HR team and colleagues on the ZoomInfo legal team and requires the ability to travel on an as needed basis and work extended hours when necessary.
- 5+ years of experience in employment law, with prior in-house experience preferred;
- Experience advising clients and HR professionals with practical application of employment laws and regulations;
- Excellent analytical, communication, writing and negotiation skills with the ability to make well-reasoned legal and business judgments and clearly explain complex ideas;
- Attention to detail and strong project management and organizational skills;
- Ability to function independently and as a part of a team;
- Ability to build credibility quickly and provide strong legal support for a complex and challenging business, while positively and successfully managing relationships within a diverse group of stakeholders;
- A commitment to personal and professional growth, and receptivity to feedback.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Licensed to practice law in any U.S. jurisdiction; Washington or Massachusetts preferred.
The US base salary range for this position is $150,000 to $200,000 + equity + bonus + benefits.
Actual compensation offered will be based on factors such as the candidate’s work location, qualifications, skills, experience and/or training. Your recruiter can share more information about the specific salary range for your desired work location during the hiring process.
We want our employees and their families to thrive. In addition to comprehensive benefits we offer holistic mind, body and lifestyle programs designed for overall well-being. Learn more about ZoomInfo benefits here.
ZoomInfo (NASDAQ: ZI) is the trusted go-to-market platform for businesses to find, acquire, and grow their customers. It delivers accurate, real-time data, insights, and technology to more than 35,000 companies worldwide. Businesses use ZoomInfo to increase efficiency, consolidate technology stacks, and align their sales and marketing teams — all in one platform.
ZoomInfo may use a software-based assessment as part of the recruitment process. More information about this tool, including the results of the most recent bias audit, is available here.
ZoomInfo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability status, religion, protected military or veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law. At ZoomInfo, we also consider qualified candidates with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.