Manager, Data Research
At ZoomInfo, we encourage creativity, value innovation, demand teamwork, expect accountability and cherish results. We value your take charge, take initiative, get stuff done attitude and will help you unlock your growth potential. One great choice can change everything. Thrive with us at ZoomInfo.
The Data Research team plays a key role in researching, verifying, and improving data for ZoomInfo’s best-in-class B2B data offerings. We are looking for a Data Research Manager to join the research team and deepen research impact on ZoomInfo data coverage and quality. Currently, the main focuses of the research team are to manually research and verify company and employment data attributes and assist engineering and data analysis teams through data health monitoring and model testing. We are expanding the team responsibilities and capabilities so we can play a bigger role in our fast growing data offerings. A few new areas of focus include conducting root cause analysis of bad data, identifying trends that impact large volumes of data, and identifying data gaps and source opportunities. This is a very exciting role in shaping the expansion of the research team.
- Lead and manage a team of 5-8 research analysts and research specialists
- Have full understanding of how ZoomInfo data works, with deeper focus on data that’s processed by the managed team
- Have full understanding of the internal platforms used to process and store data and manage workflows
- Manage multiple recurring and ad hoc projects that the team is responsible for end-to-end, including project planning, timeline and headcount assessment, responsibility assignment, QA, training, instructions for Chennai or offshore teams when needed, communications and handoffs to requesting teams, and documentations, etc.
- Set up and standardize processes and workflows for managed projects to ensure quality and efficiency
- Create diversified roles and responsibilities within the teams and set up objectives and goals for each team member
- Supervise and mentor team members to help them grow professionally
- Work closely with the senior leaderships and peers on the research team to identify high-impact areas the team can take on and build plans to execute on the plans
- Work closely with all the stakeholders of the larger data teams that span across the engineering, product management, data science, and data analysis teams on the projects that the team is responsible for to ensure proper discussion and project handoffs
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in market research, applied social sciences, economics, business or related field, or 8+ years of equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of experience in syndicated market research, data analysis, data management, or other relevant fields, with specific focus on secondary research methodologies
- Extensive experience managing and analyzing large datasets using analytical tools, e.g., Google Sheets, SQL
- 2+ years of experience managing and mentoring a team, proven track record of building strong teams and expanding team responsibilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects end-to-end when there is less clarity or direction
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with various teams to drive changes
The US base salary range for this position is $124,000 - $155,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Actual compensation offered will be based on factors such as the candidate’s work location, qualifications, skills, experience and/or training. Your recruiter can share more information about the specific salary range for your desired work location during the hiring process.
We want our employees and their families to thrive. In addition to comprehensive benefits we offer holistic mind, body and lifestyle programs designed for overall well-being. Learn more about ZoomInfo benefits here.
ZoomInfo (NASDAQ: ZI) is the trusted go-to-market platform for businesses to find, acquire, and grow their customers. It delivers accurate, real-time data, insights, and technology to more than 35,000 companies worldwide. Businesses use ZoomInfo to increase efficiency, consolidate technology stacks, and align their sales and marketing teams — all in one platform.
ZoomInfo may use a software-based assessment as part of the recruitment process. More information about this tool, including the results of the most recent bias audit, is available here.
ZoomInfo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability status, religion, protected military or veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law. At ZoomInfo, we also consider qualified candidates with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.