Principal Software Engineer - Backend - Analytics
At ZoomInfo, we encourage creativity, value innovation, demand teamwork, expect accountability and cherish results. We value your take charge, take initiative, get stuff done attitude and will help you unlock your growth potential. One great choice can change everything. Thrive with us at ZoomInfo.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will get to explore and work with cutting-edge technologies and a large and rich data set. If you like working on tough problems, whether that’s building systems that handle millions of customer requests a day or how to make sense of over a billion pieces of potentially correlated data, ZoomInfo is the right place for you.
- Design, architect and maintain high quality systems, services and applications, adhering to industry best practices, principles and coding standards
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to drive the design, architecture, tech stack selection and overall evolution of the services, systems and applications, ensuring scalability, reliability, performance and cost efficiency
- Create robust RESTful APIs and integrate with external services, ensuring data consistency, compliance and security
- Work with various database systems, including SQL and NoSQL, to design efficient data models and access patterns for services
- Guide members of the team in planning and execution of work, tech stack selection, POCs with new technologies and overall alignment with ZoomInfo stack and architecture
- Drive and lead design and architecture reviews and tech stack selection efforts for the team
- Partner with Principal Engineers from other teams and leadership to drive adoption of new technologies, platforms and best practices across SDLC
- Remain proactive and plan for scalability, robustness and support as per product requirements
- Identify and address critical areas such as performance bottlenecks in the services, optimizing code and infrastructure as needed
- Be hands on, guide and participate in incorporating various tools and automation for testing, CI/CD, deployment and observability
- Lead investigation and resolution of issues reported in production, providing timely analyses and solutions to ensure system availability, SLAs and customer satisfaction
- Instill a high performance culture of engineering and operational excellence and promote technical branding by participating in tech events, blogs and meetups
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices related to development and cloud technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institution.
- 10+ years of experience as a backend developer, with a strong focus on design, architecture and implementation of large scale and complex systems, services and applications
- Proficiency in services development frameworks and technologies such as Java
- Solid understanding of systems and services design and architecture patterns, principles and SDLC best practices, tools and techniques
- Proficiency in RESTful API design, architecture and development
- Familiarity with databases (SQL and NoSQL) and data modeling
- Must be able to work independently and deliver excellent results in short timelines
- Technically lead and mentor members in the team, and drive planning and execution of work, design and architecture and tech stack selection
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- Experience with one or more public cloud platforms, IaaS and PaaS services
- Excellent communication, collaboration and technical leadership skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
ZoomInfo (NASDAQ: ZI) is the trusted go-to-market platform for businesses to find, acquire, and grow their customers. It delivers accurate, real-time data, insights, and technology to more than 35,000 companies worldwide. Businesses use ZoomInfo to increase efficiency, consolidate technology stacks, and align their sales and marketing teams — all in one platform.
ZoomInfo may use a software-based assessment as part of the recruitment process. More information about this tool, including the results of the most recent bias audit, is available here.
ZoomInfo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability status, religion, protected military or veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law. At ZoomInfo, we also consider qualified candidates with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.