Senior Database Administrator(Snowflake)
At ZoomInfo we encourage creativity, value innovation, demand teamwork, expect accountability and cherish results. If you are a take charge, take initiative, get stuff done individual we want to talk to you! We have high aspirations for the company and are looking for the right people to help fulfill the dream. We strive to continually improve every aspect of the company and use cutting edge technologies and processes to delight our customers and rapidly increase revenues.
About the position:
Zoominfo is a rapidly growing data-driven company, and as such- we understand the importance of a comprehensive and solid data solution to support decision making in our organization. Our vision is to have a consistent, democratised, and accessible single source of truth for all company data analytics and reporting. Our goal is to improve decision-making processes by having the right information available when it is needed.
As a Database Administrator, you'll be responsible for the provisioning, performance, scale, security, cost and stability of all systems owned by the Data Platform group.
The systems under the DBA responsibilities will be: Snowflake, Databricks, Matillion, Tableau, Airflow, Fivetran, Jenkins, Terraform
What will you actually be doing?
- Administrate and provision our data warehouse and data platform systems while troubleshooting and tuning performance..
- Proactive monitoring to detect unusual behavior on production databases by creating automation & visibility i.e. high query resource usage, unusual database traffic, cost, etc. and coordinate with the Data Engineering team to optimize it.
- Develop strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Be a center of knowledge, consult, and share your expertise with others.
- Relevant Bachelor degree or other equivalent Engineering background.
- 7+ years of hands-on cloud data warehouse administrator experience (preferably snowflake).
- Strong SQL abilities and hands-on experience with SQL DBs, monitoring and performance optimizations.
- Hands-on experience in Shell Script, Python or equivalent programming language.
- Experience with administrating Airflow and Databricks.
- Experience with administrating SaaS ETL tools like fivertan and Matillion..
- Excellent English written and verbal communication
- Experience managing data visualization tools and infrastructures (like Tableau/Sisense/Looker/other) - advantage .
- Experience with administrating AWS/GCP cloud services, Jenkins, terraforming (IeC) configurations and git repository management - advantage.
For over a decade, ZoomInfo has helped companies achieve their most important objective: profitable growth. Backed by the world's most comprehensive B2B database, our platform puts sales and marketing professionals in position to identify, connect, and engage with qualified prospects.
Our mission is to provide every company with a 360-degree view of their ideal customer, empowering each phase of their go-to-market strategy and driving their ability to hit their number.