Software Engineer II, Compliance
Blockchain technology is powering a growing wave of innovation. Businesses and governments around the world are using blockchains to make banking more efficient, connect with their customers, and investigate criminal cases. As adoption of blockchain technology grows, more and more organizations seek access to all this ecosystem has to offer. That’s where Chainalysis comes in. We provide complete knowledge of what’s happening on blockchains through our data, services, and solutions. With Chainalysis, organizations can navigate blockchains safely and with confidence.
The Compliance organization is focused on growing the crypto ecosystem by simplifying the work needed for compliance and risk management at a massive scale. Our goal is to ensure developers can send data for any crypto asset and network, scale our systems to make sure we can handle the increasing volumes of data, and provide meaningful insights to our customers.
Backend engineers will be critical to that mission by building and scaling the APIs and data layers our customers rely on every day to stop crime, understand risk, and strategize about their business. Working alongside infrastructure and security-focused engineers, they obsess over making our services highly available and safe for our customers to use for their most sensitive and real-time blockchain workflows. They deeply understand what is possible with cloud-native technologies and use those insights to enable our customers to push the boundaries of the cryptocurrency landscape.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You have built a high-availability, scalable API leveraging the most relevant services from AWS
- You’ve added features to our product suite that detect activities for market manipulation, fraud, behavioral patterning, and more.
- You have built cloud-native data ingestion and aggregation processes that intake gigabytes of data per day.
- You have helped modernize our stack to a streaming architecture.
- Your team’s services are easy to set up locally and their health in production is simple to understand.
- You have debugged production issues and participated in a blameless post-mortem process to make our systems stronger.
A background like this helps:
- Designed and implemented microservices-based systems in a major cloud provider like AWS or GCP.
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages. We mostly use Java but appreciate a variety of languages!
- A bias to ship and iterate alongside product management and design partners
- Exposure to or interest in the cryptocurrency technology ecosystem
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Harvey Milk Day, World Humanitarian Day, and UN International Migrants Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.