Manager of Research
Blockchain technology is powering a growing wave of innovation. Businesses and governments around the world are using blockchains to make banking more efficient, connect with their customers, and investigate criminal cases. As adoption of blockchain technology grows, more and more organizations seek access to all this ecosystem has to offer. That’s where Chainalysis comes in. We provide complete knowledge of what’s happening on blockchains through our data, services, and solutions. With Chainalysis, organizations can navigate blockchains safely and with confidence.
The research team at Chainalysis is inspired by solving the hardest technical questions and creating products that build trust in cryptocurrencies. We’re a global organization with teams in the UK, Denmark, and the U.S. who thrive on the challenging work we do and doing it with other exceptionally talented teammates.
There is constant change in our industry, and there is a need to create a flexible platform that allows us to adapt to these changes quickly. We are intent on defining the next generation of our forensic tools through the exploration of what’s possible in the blockchain space, from layer 1 through layer 3 Blockchains and across blockchain applications and protocols.
Do you ever think about questions like:
- How does the latest DeFi protocol actually work and which vulnerabilities are exposed on the contract level?
- How do you detect abnormalities of transactions on a pseudonymous blockchain?
- How does Monero guarantee confidential transactions and how does the methodology differ from Zcash?
- How will money laundering using crypto currencies look 6 months from now?
These types of questions are what the Research team are looking at on a daily basis.
As our Manager, Research, you’ll report directly to our Chief Scientist and lead a team focused on answering exceptionally complex blockchain questions. You are especially adept at building, leading, and enabling highly skilled teams, and immersing yourself in customer use cases and problems - often identifying problems before customers face the problems. The success of our research efforts is determined by our ability to retain and engage our Researchers, Scientists and Analysts, and by adopting the capabilities that are discovered through research to our product roadmap.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- Led and empowered one or more teams of Research Scientists who are effective and love what they do.
- Hired exceptional people to grow your team(s) with a focus on diversity, scalability, and always raising the bar.
- Built relationships with the Engineering and Product teams based on credibility and candor that result in lofty goals, clear objectives, and confidence that you’ll meet them.
- Helped the entire Research team get better at what we do through building smarter ways of working.
- Guided and helped the engineering team build scalable, flexible, and maintainable data and analytics systems and micro services
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Harvey Milk Day, World Humanitarian Day, and UN International Migrants Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.