Product Support Specialist
Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
Blend is growing our Support team to work closely with our customers to maintain fully-functional, high-performing production environments. Support is a highly valued team at Blend, because we will only be successful if our customers are successful. We are looking for an exceptional person to join this team – someone who regularly goes above and beyond to provide the best possible service and relevant solutions to our clients. If you join us, you’ll be part of a highly capable, tightly-knit Support team that is ridiculously good at providing world-class service.
NOTE: This role requires you to be ONSITE at our Westlake Village, CA office. There will be no relocation package offered and only local candidates will be considered for the role.
How you'll contribute:
Your daily tasks may include:
- Resolve Tier 1 and 2 incoming issues via email, chat and occasional live troubleshooting sessions via zoom
- Translate technical speak and troubleshooting steps into approachable and appropriate layman's terms for internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively communicate expectations and deadlines with accuracy and care to keep internal and external stakeholders aligned
- Assist clients with urgent needs and help usher them to the best solutions across our platform and business
- Help translate customer feedback into specific product requirements to advocate internally for improvements
- Continuously build upon and improve personal product knowledge through independent research and collaboration
Once you're a Blend product expert, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop expertise in relevant product areas in order to troubleshoot a diverse range of customer issues
- Become a Subject Matter Expert by learning Blend technologies through internal and external opportunities and self-study
- Learn and develop highly technical skills related to Postman APIs and SAML SSO issues
- Act as an escalation point for customers and escalate key issues internally for resolution
- Author knowledge base articles for internal and external use ● Work on various cross-departmental projects
Who you are:
- A detailed, organized and results-oriented mindset
- Excellent communication and soft skills in various mediums and audiences
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot complex issues to find root cause and a variety of potential solutions
- Experience with a support ticketing system – Zendesk or Salesforce is preferred
- Experience articulating technical solutions and how they can solve client business problems to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to act in a timely and sensitive manner to all customer inquiries ● Ability to think outside of the box and find creative ways to solve problems
- A work style that’s self-directed; you can work autonomously and as part of a team
- Flexibility – you can work weekends and holidays as needed based on business demands
- Ability to improvise and pivot plans rapidly when new information is being presented
- Experience testing and debugging issues prior to escalating to engineering and product
- Experience developing expertise in a maturing technical product that rapidly evolves
- A strong foundational sense of urgency and ability to prioritize effectively while managing tickets, meetings and projects
- Ability to communicate expectations proactively and appropriately to clients
- 1+ years’ experience supporting an enterprise SaaS solution
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience at a fast-growing startup
- Experience building and running API calls
- Experience in relevant technical tools (Mode, Splunk, Postman)
To comply with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location.
For full time hires, the hiring hourly compensation range for this position is between $24/hr and $31/hr. This role is also bonus eligible. Blend benefits and perks are described below.
Final pay offer amounts will vary depending on multiple factors, including but not limited to function, level, geographic location, job related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay will be adjusted for part-time roles to reflect scheduled hours.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more