Corporate & Securities Counsel
Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
Blend is looking for a Corporate Counsel to join our Legal & Compliance team who’s motivated to tackle challenges—the more complex the better. As a Corporate Counsel, your primary focus will be on general corporate transactions, including capital markets, securities law compliance, mergers and acquisitions, equity transactions and corporate governance. Your advice and creativity will make an immediate impact by helping drive Blend’s legal and corporate strategy. This role is a phenomenal opportunity to be part of a growing team and work on cutting edge transactions in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Blend’s Legal & Compliance team is responsible for navigating Blend's broad market impact through an evolving and complex financial, legal, and regulatory environment. We enable our industry partners to continuously refine, build, and transact on our innovative business-to-business SaaS platform and other groundbreaking technology initiatives.
How you'll contribute:
- Support securities law compliance and SEC reporting, including current and periodic reports, proxy statements, registration statements and Section 16 filings.
- Advise on finance and investor matters, including review of announcements, press releases, investor presentations, investor and board communications and other materials (including preparation of appropriate disclosure materials as necessary).
- Support M&A initiatives and other strategic transactions.
- Assist with general corporate matters, including entity management, corporate governance, preparation of materials for the Board of Directors and its committees, and management of board portal software.
- Work closely with our finance and equity team on equity matters, including equity plans, capitalization, and compensation matters.
- Develop and maintain, and advise on, policies, procedures and controls to ensure corporate governance and securities compliance.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant corporate governance and securities law developments and collaborate with the rest of the Legal & Compliance team.
Who you are:
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience at a leading law firm working with high growth tech clients and/or at a high growth tech company.
- Experience working with public company clients on capital markets transactions, SEC reporting obligations and corporate governance.
- Highly disciplined, able to make independent decisions and work with limited supervision while excelling in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment.
- Inquisitive, engaged and proactive in identifying legal issues and risks and proposing creative and effective solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present sophisticated issues in a clear and persuasive manner.
- Experience with high growth public companies at a SaaS and/or Fintech focused business.
- M&A experience, including diligence, execution and integration.
- Banking and consumer finance knowledge.
- Familiarity with public company company accounting, tax and finance processes, terminology, systems and issues, including a basic knowledge of financial statements and GAAP accounting.
To comply with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location.
For full time hires, the hiring base pay range for this position is between $180,000 ~ $210,000. The stated base pay range would generally be reduced 5% for candidates outside of CO, IL, MA, TX, VA, WA, and DC. Beyond base pay, Blend benefits and perks are described below.
Final base pay offer amounts will vary depending on multiple factors, including but not limited to function, level, geographic location, job related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay will be adjusted for part-time roles to reflect scheduled hours.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more