Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting Director
Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel.
The Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting Director will be responsible for the preparation and filing of the Company’s external financial statements, ensuring compliance with US GAAP and SEC requirements. In addition, this individual will be primarily responsible for determining the proper accounting treatment for various strategic initiatives and non-standard transactions.
This role will be an integral part of the Blend Finance organization, it will provide high visibility within the organization and will require direct involvement in projects with tight deadlines. The role requires strong analytical skills and ability to research and process the information for inclusion in publicly filed documents. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated professional who can develop effective working relationships with cross-functional partners, is detail oriented and can identify and develop best-in-class processes and controls to support the growth of the business.
How you'll contribute:
- Manage the preparation of the quarterly and annual reports on Form 10-Q/K and coordinate the internal and external reviews of these documents
- Research, evaluate the applicability, and document evolving US GAAP and SEC guidance to ensure timely identification and compliance with new requirements
- Research and interpret complex accounting issues and prepare technical memorandums to support the company’s positions
- Prepare the quarterly earnings release and board materials
- Manage communications with external auditors on financial statements and accounting issues
- Ensure SOX 404 compliance, including documentation of end-to-end processes, design and implementation of internal controls over financial reporting, and making recommendations for other internal controls and processes within the organization
- Proactively search out ways and make recommendations to improve and streamline financial reporting processes
- Support month-end and quarter-end close process
- Lead other special projects as required
Who you are:
- CPA with 10+ years of experience, including 5+ years with a Big 4 accounting firm
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to research, analyze, and document accounting issues
- Ability to think critically, make decisions and solve problems independently
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
To comply with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location.
For full time hires, the hiring base pay range for this position is between $140,000 and $190,000. The stated base pay range would generally increase 10% for candidates in CA/NY and be reduced 5% for candidates outside of CO, IL, MA, TX, VA, WA, and DC. Beyond base pay, Blend benefits and perks are described below.
Final base pay offer amounts will vary depending on multiple factors, including but not limited to function, level, geographic location, job related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay will be adjusted for part-time roles to reflect scheduled hours.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable laws.
Notice at Collection for California Applicants