Risk Operations Analyst - Exposed Accounts
Build your career with purpose. Be a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in Draper. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
As part of Bill’s Risk Operations team, this position will be responsible for assisting in key processes and activities associated with the operations of fraud and risk management for Bill.com.
We are looking for someone passionate about fighting fraud, identifying new trends/typologies, naturally curious, and who has a strong desire to network with peers and partners within the fraud space. This position works closely with cross-functional stakeholders across engineering, customer success, product, marketing and more!
As a Risk Operations Analyst on the Exposed Accounts team, you will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing high risk alerts with a high probability of Business Email Compromise (BEC) and Account Takeover (ATO) fraud. This role also includes reviewing new vendors and bank account changes, conducting KYC for new and existing accounts, while also identifying and handling high profile fraud cases with exposure.
- Conduct KYC due diligence when assessing new customer accounts for risk exposure
- Review and analyze daily transaction alerts for loss exposure
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Time management and meeting deadlines
- Analyze credit reports to evaluate risk and make appropriate credit decisions
- Identify gaps and make recommendations for process improvements related to fraudulent activity and risk monitoring
- Identify, research and highlight fraud trends (such as account takeover (ATO), Business email compromise (BEC), Identity theft, and friendly fraud), making mitigation recommendations
- Ability to proactively detect BEC/ATO fraud
- Ability to comfortably conduct customer outreach via both phone and email
- Participate in fraud/risk related trainings, meetings and webinars
- Work closely with with other teams across BDC (Strategy, Sales, Customer Service, Compliance and Legal, etc.) to minimize false positives and review accounts
- Keen eye to detecting red flags and making good judgment decision with minimal supervision
- Ability to confidently handle urgent fraud escalations
- Ability to handle high profile cases with exposure
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Has 2+ years of fraud and risk investigation operations experience preferably in ecommerce, payments or financial services
- Possesses strong data analysis and investigative skills
- In-depth knowledge and experience utilizing various data within investigation, fraud, and risk tools.
- Puts a high value on accuracy and completeness of work including case notes, customer investigations and investigations of fraud.
- Communicates clearly, and effectively with customers while investigating suspicious activity
- Able to learn and adapt to new processes and procedures
- Possesses excellent organizational and time management skills – must possess ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Working knowledge of Excel to create spreadsheets
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience detecting/handling Business Email Compromise (BEC) and Account Takeover (ATO) fraud cases
- Self Starter able to think outside of the box
- Thrives in a fast pace environment
- Independent decision maker with the ability to confidently back up actions and make judgment calls
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?